Cecchinato defeated Djokovic in the French Open quarter-finals in June, while Chung produced a straight sets win over the 31-year-old Serbian at the Australian Open in January.
"I think I'm completely different player than I was in first, five, six months of the year", Djokovic said of his 6-6 start to the year.
"I'm in Asia, of course I want to play tennis here, but I don't want to put at risk my health also". But I think I played with all my strength in the important moment of the match.
Zverev has been suffering with a cold but ratcheted up the pressure to grab the all-important break of serve in the ninth game before closing out the match against de Minaur.
Medvedev was only two days removed from capturing an ATP 500 title in Japan. The 22-year-old Russian was coming in hot after winning Tokyo for his third title of 2018. "I have been talking with the doctors every day".
And the 20-time Grand Slam knows he will have to be on top form to avoid any slip-ups. "Making winners, serving about 220km", he added.
Coverage of the Shanghai Masters for today is already underway with Fdderer's match expected to get underway at roughly 11am BST.
Sky Sports hold the rights for the entire Shanghai Masters this week, with Sky Sports Action showing most of the action. "Probably the hardest-hitting player I have ever played against". "I am feeling very fresh and have a lot of energy so I'll have no excuses". "I'm just really happy. I've always played him when he's playing well, but I'll hope I can take it to him". It's a pity that I lost the opportunity to play with Federer, to see what's the difference between us. Otherwise it will be very easy that we are replaced by younger players. China has seven WTA Tour-level tournaments this year. Wu is taking on Asia's top ranked Kei Nishikori in a second-round match today.
The Georgian, up to a career-high 23 in the world following his victory in Beijing, beat the teenage Canadian 6-2, 6-2 in just 57 minutes. Now for an exit in a quarterfinal the Swiss will face the Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut. Another Frenchman Richard Gasquet ousted his Argentine opponent Leonardo Mayer 1-6, 6-2, 6-1.
But in the end, it was the world No. 2 who prevailed, 6-4, 4-6, 6-4.
- Trains cancelled in Lancashire due to 'severe weather' brought by Storm Callum
- 'Avengers 4' Directors Officially Wrap Filming With Mysterious Photo
- Meghan Markle’s Sister Chased Away from Palace
- Investigation into possible match fixing in PSG's game vs. Red Star Belgrade
- 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 4' Launch Trailer Revealed
- Quake kills three people in Indonesia's Java, rattles Bali
- PGA DFS Golf: 2018 CIMB Classic DRAFT Rankings
- Messi is not a leader - Maradona
- UK fans flocked to TV to watch Princess Eugenie's wedding
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia reports two recent cases of polio-like illness