In the world of comic book movies, this is super indeed: James Gunn, who was sacked from Disney's Guardians of the Galaxy movies after old offensive tweets of his resurfaced, may be jumping to DC to work on the next Suicide Squad movie, io9 reported Tuesday.
Whether or not Gunn pens the script and directs the film, the new deal with Warner Bros.is Gunn's first project since leaving Disney/Marvel Studio.
Of course, while he isn't directing Suicide Squad 2, David Ayer also hasn't left the DCEU. It seems he is among those who have been sidelined as part of Warner Bros.' reshufflings of the DC movie universe, but if that is the case, he is still on board for Gunn's take.
Suicide Squad was released in 2016 and earned about $750 million worldwide.
The cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy have defended Gunn since the tweets were unearthed.
The director was sacked from the Disney franchise of films after tweets from years ago saw revealed jokes in poor taste, concerning rape and pedophilia - since then, Gunn has apologised and said he had grown as a person in the years since the jokes. Word on the street is that Warners has been keeping a close eye on Gunn for the job since the moment that his firing from the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY franchise was made public. The sequel has been slow to get started, however - it's already been through at least one potential director in The Accountant's Gavin O'Connor. "I have regretted them for many years since - not just because they were stupid, not at all amusing, wildly insensitive, and certainly not provocative like I had hoped, but also because they don't reflect the person I am today or have been for some time".
- Cyril Ramaphosa to reveal Nhlanhla Nene's fate
- BTS Crowned Winner Of Favorite Social Artist At 2018 American Music Awards
- Eating disorders, youth and Indigenous mental illness priorities of $125m government mission
- Oil prices rise as Iranian crude exports fall
- UFC 229 Results: Tony Ferguson And Anthony Pettis Engaged in Bloody Battle
- Venom opens to $205.2 million at the global box office
- Women’s Commission sends notice to Nana Patekar, 3 others
- Taylor Swift inspired 65000 people to register to vote, says Vote.org
- Kanye heads to White House for lunch with Trump
- Fixed Windows 10 October 2018 Update Released to Insiders for Testing