A NASA astronaut and a Russian cosmonaut are due to launch next week to join three astronauts who remain in the orbit.
"I have had my "glory days in the hot sun" and now it's time to come home", he wrote late Wednesday in a tweet that included a photo of the sun taken from the ISS.
NASA astronauts Drew Feustel and Ricky Arnold and Russian cosmonaut Oleg Artemyev are scheduled to touch down on the steppe of Kazakhstan at 7:45 a.m. EDT (1145 GMT).
Roscosmos chief Dmitry Rogozin was quoted by Russian news agencies on September 23 as saying that Russia wouldn't be reduced to a junior partner in the NASA-led project to build the lunar orbital platform called the Gateway in the 2020s.
The Soyuz MS-09/55S capsule - the vehicle at the center of a growing controversy over an unexpected and unexplained hole which appeared in its hull - remains attached to the International Space Station.
Lander spacecraft Soyuz MS-08 is one of Russian Federation cosmonaut and two American astronauts returned to NASA from the worldwide space station to Earth.
Rogozin, according to news reports last month, initially refused to rule out the possibility that an astronaut, not a worker on the ground, might have drilled the hole.
The odd tale started on August 29 with the discovery of a small hole in a Soyuz craft attached to the ISS.
Today, October 4, at the global space station (ISS) ended the work of the 56th expedition.
On Tuesday, the United States extended its commitment to manning and maintaining the International Space Station through 2030, but Russian officials say they may not be ready to cooperate after discovering what they claim is deliberate, human sabotage aboard the ISS.
A trio of scientists who spent almost 200 days in space have now landed safely back on Earth after departing the International Space Station.
- Pompeo ‘optimistic’ about upcoming trip to North Korea
- Flake ends weeks of wavering, is expected to vote to confirm Kavanaugh
- Russian intelligence officers charged for hacking anti-doping organisations
- Petrol, diesel prices slashed by Rs 2.50 per litre
- Murkowski to vote 'present' on Kavanaugh as favor to absent colleague
- Ramirez says Senate 'looking the other way'
- LG’s new V40 ThinQ Comes With All the Cameras You’ll Need
- Senator Collins backs Kavanaugh, paving way for confirmation
- Mourinho pledges to turn Man United around amid sack report
- Cristiano Ronaldo missing in Juventus training for 2 days