In her Instagram post, Swift cited Republican politicians' disregard for human rights and her fear of racism as the reason for her intervention, writing: "I can not vote for someone who will not be willing to fight for dignity for ALL Americans, no matter their skin colour, gender or who they love".
"I can not vote for someone who will not be willing to fight for dignity for ALL Americans, no matter their skin colour, gender or who they love", she said. Running for Senate in the state of Tennessee is a woman named Marsha Blackburn. I can not vote for someone who will not be willing to fight for dignity for ALL Americans, no matter their skin color, gender or who they love.
"There's going to be a backlash, but I don't think she's going to get totally Dixie Chicked, " Hubbs said.
Swift said the congresswoman "voted against equal pay for women". She believes businesses have a right to refuse service to gay couples. "I believe in the fight for LGBTQ rights, and that any form of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender is WRONG".
Swift's strongly-worded Instagram post has provoked a massive reaction among her fans, both positive and negative, and now President Trump has weighed in while speaking to reporters outside the White House.
Swift said that while she typically tries to support women running for office, Ms Blackburn's voting record "appals and terrifies me".
There was also a significant spike in the number of people registering to vote in Tennessee in particular.
It looks like she is putting her 112.1 million followers to good use.
The 10-time-Grammy-winning singer's comments drew praise on the left and derision on the right, including from former Arizona governor Mike Huckabee, who said the move would not make a difference to the election's outcome "unless we allow 13-year-olds to vote". October 9th is the LAST DAY to register to vote in the state of TN. Voting is not the habit for young Americans that it is for others, so it's critical to remind them that in every congressional district and state on November 6, guns will be on the ballot - as will jobs, health care, gender equity and empowerment, education, student loans and the kind of capitalism they want to see practiced in the United States.
Don't expect this scene to play out again anytime soon, given President Donald Trump's bad blood with Taylor Swift. "Let's say that I like Taylor's music about 25 percent less now, okay?" Candidates seeking to take maximum advantage of what is a quantifiable increase of interest among young voters in the final weeks of the campaign would be wise to follow Swift's framework.
"Thank God for Taylor Swift", Kamari added.
- OnePlus 6T Will Be Announced On Oct. 30 In New York
- Real identity uncovered of second Russian linked to Skripal poisoning: Bellingcat
- National Football League trade rumors: Eagles interested in Bills RB McCoy
- N. Korea’s Kim invites Pope Francis to Pyongyang
- Kanye heads to White House for lunch with Trump
- Trump Kavanaugh: President apologises for 'unfair' treatment
- Hope Hicks Joins New Fox as Chief Communications Officer
- Eating disorders, youth and Indigenous mental illness priorities of $125m government mission
- UFC 229 Results: Tony Ferguson And Anthony Pettis Engaged in Bloody Battle
- Moving Michael becomes ‘major’ hurricane as it targets Florida Panhandle