Butler wasn't made available to the media after Wednesday's practice, his first since he asked to be traded. The bad news is he reportedly was acting out.
"I think that I was honest", Butler said.
"You f-king need me", Butler screamed at a general manager who does not want to trade a star forward who pushed Minnesota to the playoffs last season. Coaches and players were largely speechless at Butler's tour de force throughout the workout, league sources said.
But one of the more interesting nuggets coming out of the Timberwolves' practice is regarding a scrimmage. He dominated the gym in every way.
According to one source, Butler and a "team of third-stringers" beat the Wolves' starters in a scrimmage.
Either way, Butler had previously refused Thibodeau's request to re-join the team, according to multiple reports from The Athletic.
"Outside of the Heat, the Timberwolves have had no serious, active talks with any other team", ESPN reported in a separate story.
Butler's trade could be extended until the trade deadline in February or just not happen at all if this front office and ownership continue putting up a stubborn front. While the Miami Heat are first on his list of landing spots, the Houston, Texas native has been part of numerous trade conversations, but no agreement has been reached.
Butler has been in contact with a few teammates over the past few weeks, including point guard Jeff Teague.
- Juventus set to make offer for Liverpool target Aaron Ramsey
- What West Virginia Swing Voters Think About Manchin's Kavanaugh Vote (HBO)
- Tway wins Safeway Open for first PGA Tour title
- Microsoft reportedly finalizing deal to acquire RPG gaming maker Obsidian Entertainment
- Far from powerful: PH passport places 75th in power index
- Chelsea's Eden Hazard: Real Madrid move remains my dream
- Google Hardware Event Tomorrow: 7 Products Expected to Be Unveiled
- Hurricane Michael prompts Alabama to declare state of emergency
- Users, shutting down social network
- Adrian Peterson dislocated shoulder Monday