Mullens completed his first three passes, including a 24-yard touchdown toss to Pierre Garcon, to lead the 49ers on a 75-yard drive to begin the game. The 49ers lost star quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo to a season-ending knee injury earlier in the year.
Mullens got the start after C.J. Beathard was declared unable to go due to thumb and wrist injuries after Thursday's pregame warmup.
It was their most dominant showing in the history of Levi's Stadium with a 31-point margin of victory.
During and after Thursday's game, Raiders fans sounded off about their now 1-7 team. He threw TD passes to Garcon and Kendrick Bourne on the opening two drives and coasted from there to the most lopsided win in this series since San Francisco won the first meeting 38-7 in 1970. Nothing seems to be going the Raiders' way this season.
Mostert suffered a broken right forearm and had to exit the game.
What is worse is that quarterback Derek Carr has not been been that bad. The 49ers showed flashes on offense and defense, but never put it together on both sides for 60 minutes. McCarron was sacked once behind a banged-up offensive line.
Yes, the 49ers beat the Raiders. But, against Oakland - who have the worst run defense in the league in yards allowed per game (144.7) and the 10th worst passing defense in yards allowed per game (263) - the feat is not a season changer.
The real test for San Francisco will be if it can build on its success against the Raiders.
Carr was sacked four times in the first half for the first time in his career as the Raiders struggled to provide much protection against a 49ers defence that has not generated much pressure all year. They will have a chance to pick up some momentum against NY before travelling to Tampa Bay.
- Zero Trailer: SRK is Out There to Marry a Suitable Girl..
- United States and China optimistic on trade, plan talks at G20 summit
- Overwatch's Next Hero Is Ashe, Leader of the Deadlock Gang
- Saudi Execution of Tuti Tursilawati Hurts Bilateral Relations
- Merkel hosts African leaders, pledges new development fund
- Search goes on in wake of Indonesia's fatal plane crash, survivors unlikely
- Seven Killed in Attack on Coptic Christians Bus in Egypt
- Brazil's Bolsonaro says country will again lead ethanol production
- Early voting shatters records in New Mexico
- San Francisco Giants Hall of Famer Willie McCovey dies at 80