Thirty-two people, including 13 who have been hospitalized, have been infected with the outbreak strain in 11 states, according to the CDC.
Health officials in Canada and the USA are telling people to avoid eating romaine lettuce because of a new E. coli outbreak. No cases have been reported in Indiana.
CDC officials are working with the Food and Drug Administration and other officials to determine the source of the outbreak.
This strain - E. coli O157:H7 - is the same as the one which caused an outbreak previous year from romaine and unspecified leafy greens grown in Canada.
He says there's not enough trace-back information to request a recall from specific romaine suppliers.
If you're not sure whether your bagged lettuce includes romaine, chuck it out, the CDC says.
For this outbreak investigation, the average interval between when a person becomes ill and when the illness is reported to CDC is 20 days. The last illness was reported on October 31. Eastern time Tuesday, urging Americans to "not eat any romaine lettuce until we know more about this outbreak".
This applies to all types of romaine lettuce, including hearts of romaine and prepackaged salad mixes.
CDC has advised all restaurants "not serve or sell any" dishes with romaine lettuce.
Officials now say you should throw all types or uses of romaine lettuce away immediately. Follow these five steps to clean your refrigerator. It is now advising people throw away whole heads of romaine in addition to chopped romaine. Most people get better within 5 to 7 days. Some people may have a fever, which usually is not very high (less than 101˚F/38.5˚C).
- Van Dijk volley sends Dutch to Nations League finals
- Samsung's Galaxy S10 and Galaxy F will be available in these colours
- Ranking Wall, Beal and the Wizards by National Basketball Association trade value
- Taoiseach: Brexit deal only way to avoid a hard border
- Instagram is cracking down on fake likes, follows and comments
- China turns focus on United States with claim its Apec amendment was vetoed
- QB Trubisky does just enough in Chicago Bears victory
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Arrested on Federal Crime Charges, Faces Potential Life Sentence
- Airbnb Will Remove Listings for Israeli Settlements in West Bank
- Newly launched iPad Pro can seemingly bend and break very easily