Today is one test, how we are against a team like Liverpool.
The Gunners, looking to extend their unbeaten run to 14 games in all competitions, poured forward in search of an equaliser and the pressure paid off when Lacazette struck in the 82nd minute. And, as has also become the norm under the former Sevilla and Paris Saint-Germain head coach, Emery's tactical changes proved the catalyst for improvement. Shkodran Mustafi was impressive against Roberto Firmino, Granit Xhaka looked like a disciplined performer and Hector Bellerin has added defensive discipline to his game under Emery's guidance.
Liverpool is still undefeated with an 8-3-0 record and are in first place, tentatively. Fabinho has not yet begun to impose himself.
And, as Klopp was keen to underline in his own press conference, it was Liverpool who had the best chances on Saturday.
"If you remember, when I scored a goal against West Ham earlier in the season I was offside and that goal counted".
Liverpool kicked off the second half in a lively manner, when James Milner pounced on a Bernd Leno mistake. He drilled it home. On the stroke of halftime, he had come for Milner's free-kick and got nowhere near it.
Mane was in an offside position when Trent Alexander-Arnold delivered the ball to the idle, but the fact that the flag didn't go up then suggests he wasn't deemed to be interfering. Melissa and Dion both highlight the player Liverpool are missing.
"There is only one person who can answer the question and that's the linesman".
We wanted to win but the performance is good, we push and we work the match, doing our tactics and with our supporters pushing us with energy. This, after all, is a side that specializes in transition and yet, for all that Arsenal pressed, it wasn't able to exploit the space behind it-itself testament to how effective Torreira was.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan headed wide, Alexandre Lacazette had an effort rightly ruled out and then flashed across the face of goal as the Gunners searched for a first-half score they've found so hard to come by this season. It is clear Arsenal are in a very good moment. It shouldn't be seen as points dropped.
As the final whistle sounded on this superb spectacle, Arsenal's supporters acclaimed their players and radiated warmth as opposed to the ice-cold atmosphere that hung over much of last season.
- The Yemen war, a "hell on earth" for children
- Apple shows record-breaking results for Q4 of the fiscal 2018
- UFC 230 Attendance and Gate Numbers from Madison Square Garden
- Saudi Arabia readies to boost supplies over Iran oil sanctions
- India announce final 12 for first T20I against Windies
- Priyanka Chopra Kicks Off Her Bachelorette Weekend With Boats, Bling, and Booze
- Brazil's Bolsonaro wants to move Israel embassy to Jerusalem
- Pete Davidson Addresses Ariana Grande Breakup on 'SNL'
- Trump’s Top Economic Adviser: ‘The Principal Culprit Is China’
- Prince Charles 'programmed' William and Harry to pick up rubbish