Although Bredesen ran as a Democrat, he largely ran away from the national party and regularly touted his ties to the state and independence from Washington, D.C. The strategy was clear: He hoped to bank on the fact he won every county in the state in 2006 during his second run for governor and looked to tag Blackburn as a traditional Washington ideologue. This may be why Trump has come down here so often despite the fact he carried the state by 26 points in 2016 and it's been 28 years since Tennessee has sent a Democrat to the Senate, bill. Bredesen's moderate stances, he predicted, would give these voters an easy excuse not to vote for her. Corker briefly heard out pleas from some peers last winter that he reconsider retirement, prompting a Blackburn spokeswoman to say anyone who thinks she can't win the general election is a "plain sexist pig".
Earlier in the day, the singer posted a video reminding her fans to head out to the polls to cast their vote in the midterm elections. Swift's pick for U.S. Representative, Jim Cooper, won his race against Jody Ball with 67.8 percent of the vote, though, helping the Democrats to gain control of the House.
Swift, who got her career start in Nashville, broke her political silence by urging her more than 112 million Instagram followers to endorse Bredesen and encourage people to vote. Her voting record in Congress appalls and terrifies me.
'She voted against equal pay for women. "This is very humbling, and I will not let you down".
'I believe in the fight for LGBTQ rights, and that any form of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender is WRONG. These are not MY Tennessee values. "I believe that the systemic racism we still see in this country towards people of color is terrifying, sickening and prevalent", she wrote. She also believes they should not have the right to marry. She's a tremendous woman'.
- Two dead, multiple wounded in US yoga studio shooting
- Five Arrested Over Grenfell Tower Effigy Fire VIDEO
- Junket tourism
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- United States elects record number of women to House
- From bad to worse: Trump's media relationship frays more
- England give injury updates and it's not good news for Curry
- Samsung hints foldable display, new Galaxy UX, Android 9 Pie Beta Program
- All eyes on Nov 5 UK Cabinet meeting for Brexit breakthrough
- Amazon To Split Second Headquarters Between Two US Cities, Says Report