In the ad, Davidson introduces himself to singer Maggie Rogers and asks if she "wants to get married". Somehow though Ariana found the tweet and quote tweeted it after another fan said that they were Maggie, the woman who denies Pete's proposal in the video.
After she turns him down, he says: "0 for 3".
The comedian previously dated Larry David's daughter, Cazzie, as well as actress Carly Aquilino - however it isn't clear if he was engaged to either of them.
The pair called off their engagement last month, after five months together.
"It was way too much too soon", a Grande source tells PEOPLE.
"For somebody who claims to hate relevancy you sure love clinging to it huh", she wrote before adding, "thank you, next" and "hell naw tho".
"Ariana tweeted about their breakup right after the split; why is she allowed to address it publicly, and he's not?"
Ariana Grande has answered back to Pete Davidson's jab.
Our second source points out that Grande has addressed the split publicly so it's only fair that Davidson does the same. During this week's promo, he first meets then proposes to musical guest Maggie Rogers.
- Newcastle Clash: Mourinho Avoids FA Punishment For Comments After United
- Alec Baldwin arrested in alleged parking dispute punch
- Sino-US Relations Can Improve, Says Chinese Premier Amid Trade War
- 'Father of Taliban' Mullah Samiul Haq killed in Pakistan
- Birthday boy Shah Rukh Khan unveils Zero trailer with Katrina and Anushka
- Bad Boys 3: Will Smith and Martin Lawrence say 'it’s happening!'
- Kevin de Bruyne to miss Manchester derby with knee injury
- The scientists said that they had managed to make a telescope "Kepler"
- Drunk Japan Airlines pilot was ´almost 10 times over limit´
- Nasa has 'retired' the alien-hunting Kepler space telescope