It looks like disaster has struck for Dez Bryant.
Bryant, who had been seeking a new team since the Cowboys released him in April, had just signed a one-year deal with the Saints Wednesday.
The person spoke to The Associated Press Friday on condition of anonymity because the team has not announced any details of Bryant's medical exam.
Last season, Bryant hauled in 69 passes for 838 yards and six touchdowns.
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Bryant's one-year contract with the Saints will play him $600,000 based on a pro-rated $1.25 million base salary for the rest of the season.
Last season was Bryant's best since he caught 88 passes for 1,320 yards and 16 TDs in 2014, which at the time was his third consecutive season with at least 1,200 yards receiving.
Asked what made this situation different, Bryant pointed first to the opportunity to play with "big GOAT" Drew Brees and "baby GOATs" Thomas and running back Alvin Kamara. Payton said the wideout is expected to make a "full recovery". I love the locker room.
The Saints previously placed wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. on injured reserve. "I've just asked him a lot of questions and it's just cool to play with a guy like that". "I'm not a bad guy". It's a potential career ender for Dez after going unsigned until Week 10. "You can ask my teammates - my ex-teammates - how I am", Bryant said. "It's more than just being in the locker room, it's outside of it too".
- Ministers meeting signals thaw in China-Australia ties
- Bernardo Silva: Manchester City's artist at work
- Paradise lost after fire consumes Northern California town
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Hospitalized After Fall
- Some iPhone X devices have touchscreen problems
- Manchester United players working hard ahead of Manchester derby clash
- Pakistan dominate Black Caps, level series
- Erdogan, Trump meet over dinner in French capital
- Mattis Supports Riyadh's Refusal of US Refuelling of Coalition Aircraft in Yemen
- Disney streaming service commissions spin-off series on Loki from the Thor films