The bout will take place at the RIZIN 14 event, with Nasukawa having previously competed in the organisation's championships in both MMA and pure kickboxing, winning all four of his contests.
"We've been making some huge fights happen in the U.S., but we look forward to taking the Mayweather Promotions banner and the TMT banner worldwide".
As of press time, the rule set and weight class have yet to be negotiated for Mayweather's first fight in Japan. "It's all about entertainment and that's what we want to do for the people".
Mayweather, a five-division boxing champion who turns 42 in June, has not fought since a 10th-round knockout of UFC star Conor McGregor under boxing rules in August 2017.
"I'm not really anxious about the weight class or rules - it's about me displaying my skills against another skilful fighter".
"I want to continue coming over here and bringing other fighters so my company can continue to grow and RIZIN can continue to grow".
Mayweather will reportedly fight undefeated kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa on New Years' Eve in an event thrown by Japanese MMA brand RIZIN. "I can box a lot a bit", Mayweather told Reuters in an interview in Tokyo on Saturday.
"We still have more work cut out for us, but we think it will be a great fight everyone will be excited to see", Sakakibara said through a translator. "My punch can change history and I will show that to you". "I'm so happy that Mr. Nasukawa accepted this offer in a flash". Honestly speaking, I'm a little surprised myself. Nobody has defeated my opponent in the past and I would like to be the man who makes history.
The match has been dubbed a "Super Challenge" bout with the rules yet to be confirmed. "Boxing rules I wouldn't mind". I'll speak with my team and get with Rizin to come up with a great idea. I wanted to display my skills outside the USA and be in a special fight.
The rules of the fight are still being worked on, according to ESPN's Ariel Helwani.
- India's man-eating tiger shot dead after massive hunt
- United boss Jose Mourinho shares what he said at half-time against Bournemouth
- Alli hoping to 'keep improving' after siging new Spurs contract
- President tells UN Secretary General:New Govt will continue to uphold democracy
- Wayne Rooney returns to the England national team squad
- What to Watch For: Packers vs Patriots
- Apple shows record-breaking results for Q4 of the fiscal 2018
- Kasper Schmeichel fears memory of helicopter crash will stay with him forever
- LeSean McCoy's star fades in Buffalo Bills' latest loss to Patriots
- Jamal Khashoggi's Body Dissolved After Dismemberment, Turkish Official Says