But no one got it worse than CNN's Jim Acosta, who asked the president if he was demonizing immigrants by calling the migrant caravan an "invasion" - and was called "a rude, awful person" by the President of the United States (above). Acosta asked, after informing the president that the caravan was not an invasion but rather "a group of migrants moving up from Central America towards the border with the U.S". The migrants hope to receive asylum in the US.
Trump replied with a passionate, angry rant at Acosta.
"You run CNN. And if you did it well, your ratings would be much better", Trump said.
"That's enough. That's enough".
Donald Trump was involved in an extraordinary verbal exchange with a CNN reporter which resulted in the President telling him to "sit down". Not long into the conference, President Trump lost his temper with Acosta.
"That's such a racist question", he repeated, pointing his finger at her. "Let me tell you: That's a racist question", he said, as he repeatedly interrupted and cut her off. "You are rude, awful person". He praised Rep. Nancy Pelosi, calling her "very smart", but then warned House Democrats that he would have Senate Republicans probe their conduct, should they use their newfound subpoena power to investigate him.
He then lampooned Acosta for the way in which he has questions White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders in press briefings.
"When you talk about division, it's people like this who cause division", he said of the reporter. "You shouldn't treat people that way".
"In Jim's defense, I've traveled with him and watched him". "We picked up a lot", he said.
"I never anxious about it because I've never used racist remarks", Trump told a Yahoo reporter. Acosta asked, even though Trump had already answered that question.
"I don't know why you'd say that", Trump said. "That's such a racist question", Trump said to Alcindor, who is black.
"They are not only unsafe, they are disturbingly un-American". The freedom of the press is protected by the Constitution.
Acosta refused to relinquish his microphone, physically tangling with an aide who sought to take it away from him.
- Samsung hints foldable display, new Galaxy UX, Android 9 Pie Beta Program
- All eyes on Nov 5 UK Cabinet meeting for Brexit breakthrough
- Messi will travel to Milan for Barcelona’s Champions League clash with Inter
- Five Arrested Over Grenfell Tower Effigy Fire VIDEO
- Amazon To Split Second Headquarters Between Two US Cities, Says Report
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Salvador Perez and Alex Gordon win Gold Glove awards
- Cup runner's death: Inquiry looms after The Cliffsofmoher dies
- England give injury updates and it's not good news for Curry
- Chargers release Sturgis, promote Badgley — Kicker carousel