If you win, it's better, but a lot of matches are very important because three points is the same against Liverpool or against Crystal Palace.
Mane also refused to criticise the officials after he had a goal disallowed for offside during the first half at the Emirates Stadium.
After snapping him up on a free transfer, Emery admitted that it was the Swiss international's "experience" and "leadership" that appealed to him.
"We struggled a little bit in the first half". Despite looking the stronger side, though, the Gunners were wasteful in front of goal, failing to make good on their advantage.
It was a test of Emery and his players, of their resilience and self-belief - in many ways a test of what exactly he is trying to bring to Arsenal. The Frenchman drew Alisson out after latching onto the end of Alex Iwobi's through ball and took his time before creating an opening and firing the ball into the bottom corner. The one real hope for a title race worthy of the name this season is that Liverpool remains in touch with City despite being some way short of its best. And was caught out with just 10 minutes to go, being too far off his line when trying to deal with Lacazette.
"There is no point putting more pressure on ourselves".
Yes, there was a wobble after James Milner put Liverpool ahead but there was no sign of the capitulation we may have witnessed in the past.
"I think it was a good game, a hard game", he added. And he was rewarded after an hour, finding himself in the right position to capitalise on Leno's mistake.
"Actually, I'm not interested in how many points Man City gets".
"He keeps the game very, very simple but it's so effective". Some felt that Mane's goal should have stood given that he appeared to be onside at the rebound, while others felt he had been active enough to be ruled offside for interfering with play. While his 14 goal tally wasn't bad, it wasn't good either, and for most fans the defining image of the forward was him walking around looking forlorn, his hands on his head, rueing yet another missed chance.
- The Kepler Mission has Come to an End, NASA Announced
- Pompeo: Iranian Economy Will 'Crumble' Under Newly Imposed US Sanctions
- My hair is turning white due to Manchester United’s performances - Jose Mourinho
- 'I Don't Care' if House Democrats Release My Tax Returns
- Apple cancels production boost for iPhone XR: Nikkei
- 10-year-old girl charged with killing baby at day care
- Why Ash Barty's title triumph is bad news for Serena Williams
- Lowe's shutting down RONA store on Barrydowne
- United States midterm polls start to open: Who will control Congress?
- 'SNL' mocks Navy SEAL who lost eye