Now with 31,425 points, the 15-year National Basketball Association superstar joins Kareem Abdul Jabaar (38,387), Karl Malone (36,928), Kobe Bryant (33,643) and Michael Jordan (32,292) in the Top 5.
Lakers point guard Rajon Rondo broke his hand in the team's 126-117 win over the Trail Blazers on Wednesday night, coach Luke Walton said after the game. Joel Embiid tallied his first career triple-double in the game, but he had just 19 points on six-of-20 shooting to go with 13 rebounds and 10 assists.
With an and-one in the fourth quarter, James scored the 31,420th point of his career, passing Wilt Chamberlain for fifth place on the all-time scoring list.
This time he started by setting a pick facing the baseline, so Kuzma could run along the 3-point arc and attempt a jumper or drive.
But, it was in the third quarter when he really took over.
Next ahead of James on the list is Michael Jordan, with 32,292. James sat out in the beginning of the fourth, before re-entering the game with seven minutes left. McCollum floored James with a foul that was upgraded to a flagrant foul with 4:38 left, and then Nurkic appeared to use his two fists to make a crybaby gesture when talking to officials about it.
For the Lakers, the defensive prowess that they have in the front-court now with both McGee and Chandler allows them to never be at a disadvantage in terms of interior defense. "When he comes in, the pace goes however he wants it to go, gets everybody in their spots, so that's what I try to do". "No matter what, we're expected to win".
"Anytime my name is mentioned with some of the greats to play this game, I always think back to my hometown, where I come from, how far I've come", James said.
The Lakers won their fourth game in a row Wednesday behind James' historic night.
"It's tough", James said. His play has been huge in the frontcourt especially late in games with his stable play on the glass and in the paint in key moments.
The second one was a blocked shot as time expired on rookie sensation Trae Young to secure a one-point victory over the Atlanta Hawks.
- Recording hints at Saudi crown prince role in Khashoggi murder
- Prince Charles turns 70 with party, new family photos
- President Trump Threatens to Pull Federal Funding Over Deadly California Wildfires
- New Zealand beat Australia to host
- Donald Trump Taunts Macron: 'No Country More Nationalist than France'
- Without Jimmy Butler, Timberwolves move on with warm welcome for newbies
- Turkey says Saudi explanation of Khashoggi murder 'insufficient'
- Deadliest wildfires in the United States since the 1990s
- Toyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of its North American debut
- Michael Avenatti, Stormy Daniels’ attorney, arrested for domestic violence