Anthony might be in a world of pain right now being the fall guy of a struggling team, a team that was just a win away from a trip to the NBA Finals, a team with the best record last season, but winning 2 out of 3 games with his absence by double-digit margins, they might just be right.
After all, it's much nicer to trade Melo than to simply cut him.
Houston moved off Anthony only 10 games into a regular season in which both Anthony and the Rockets were still working to find footing.
The bottom line, one way or another, the two sides will likely go their separate ways.
Anthony is tight with Rockets guard Chris Paul, and shares the same strong bond with LeBron James of the Lakers and Dwyane Wade of the Heat. That, among other things, has gotten rumors started that Melo has played his last game for Rockets, and it only took ten games for them to realize this.
Carmelo Anthony is now rumored to be leaving the Houston Rockets due to the team's performance in this year's regular season.
Anthony might not play against the Warriors on Thursday, but whether or not he has a new team by then is another question entirely.
Several general managers and their coaches tell ESPN that they have been discussing whether adding Anthony could be helpful to them, or if there is a way to make that work with current roster structures. With the veteran forward's time with the Houston Rockets nearing its end, he's been linked to a few team and not surprisingly, one was the Sixers. Nevertheless, this is a hard time of year to get teams to make roster moves.
- North Korea missile bases REVEALED in shock satellite images
- Snell, deGrom capture Cy Young awards
- Facebook says it's getting better at removing hate speech
- Kim Porter, Mother of 3 of Diddy's Kids, Dead at 47
- Mueller team has ‘gone absolutely nuts,’ Trump says about Russian Federation inquiry
- Chris Stapleton wins big at 2018 CMA Awards
- Behind Enemy Lines with Slap Sign (Notre Dame)
- Agra woman bleeds to death after gruesome monkey attack
- 'Sad' EU chief Tusk calls 'farewell' summit to sign-off Brexit deal
- John Lewis Christmas Advert 2018 Starring Elton John