Barcelona sparked confusion by omitting Messi from the original squad list for the game published on social media, only to amend it minutes later with their captain included.
Barca scored twice in the last three minutes to clinch a dramatic 3-2 win away at Rayo Vallecano yesterday.
Barca beat Sevilla 4-2 after Messi went off injured midway through the first half, convincingly beat Inter 2-0 at home and thrashed Real Madrid 5-1.
Barcelona are now top of Group B after winning all of their games in the Champions League, while opponents Inter sit in second - their only defeat coming against the Spanish side. But wins, in any form, can not be overlooked. Spoiler alert, these are some of the best goals you will see - just like any other goal Messi scores.
The defending champions got to the scoresheet when Luis Suarez scored from Jordi Alba's cutback eleven minutes into the match.
"We need to control the game to try to reach the goal.
We'll know more after training", added the Inter coach. Of course it's necessary to get Messi back as soon as possible.
Luis Enrique is yet to pick him for Spain but it would be hard to justify ignoring the full-back again when the next squad is announced later this week.
"We've always said we can play against anyone, and that still holds true".
Spalletti passed on buying Rafinha last summer, having had him on-loan from January last season.
Barca lead Group B with nine points from three games heading into Tuesday's fixture in Milan, ahead of Inter (six points), Tottenham (one) and PSV Eindhoven (one).
- Why Ash Barty's title triumph is bad news for Serena Williams
- Fox News doesn't condone Hannity appearance with Trump
- Apple cancels production boost for iPhone XR: Nikkei
- Go vote, then get some free food, drinks
- Facebook blocks 115 accounts for 'coordinated inauthentic behavior'
- Fortnite's Cube Exploded and Threw Players Into an Endless Void
- Oprah Winfrey Responds to 'Racist Robocalls' in Georgia
- Amazon To Split Second Headquarters Between Two US Cities, Says Report
- Klopp: Milner 'Is Like Wine, A Very Good Red One.'
- Doctor friends attempt to save Australian man after shark attack in Whitsundays