What Mourinho described as a "disastrous" first half performance was backed up by an improved display after the break, yet the United manager didn't try to hide his annoyance as he spoke to BT Sport after the game.
Ronaldo failed to add to his seven-goal league tally for new club Juventus with the Portuguese superstar hitting the woodwork before next week's Champions League visit by former club Manchester United.
Meanwhile, Wilson has scored four goals in his last four league games and has been touted as a contender for a place in Gareth Southgate's England squad.
"I can't believe that double chance from Ashley Young and Marcus Rashford". He needs these two days to see. It was something in training. You know me, I'm not someone who hammers players so easily. However, for the time being, United have found some semblance of form in the Premier League, picking up 10 points of the last possible.
The former Chelsea and Real Madrid gaffer has always been a defensive-minded coach, but this new season has not only seen his Red Devils attack poorly, but also defend their goal shockingly by leaking in a plethora of goals. It starts at the back, and as a team collectively, and we will be working on it every day. "I think that it would galvanise us", he said. But the midfield is where the game was won as United wrestled back the control in the second half and that was all thanks to one man. "And that is a fantastic quality for the team".
"The first half was a disaster", said Mourinho. "As for [Mario] Mandzukic, we need to take a look at his ankle and assess him", he said.
"I really can't understand the kind of mentality that brings me more white hair".
"We were disappointed at half-time that we weren't winning and we felt that we deserved to be leading by more than one".
"We got off to a good start but weren't able to add a second and then we disappeared from the game a little", he added. I was happy with that change.
He, however, wants the Old Trafford club to sack the trio following their performances in United's 2-1 victory over Bournemouth in the Premier League encounter played over the weekend. It's one of best since we have been promoted and can't fault anyone with effort.
- Iranians mark embassy takeover on eve of United States sanctions
- Lowe's shutting down RONA store on Barrydowne
- Kieran Trippier’s weekend performance perfectly symbolises why Tottenham Hotpur fans are frustrated
- Mooted Brexit deal is an 'absolute stinker', warns Boris Johnson
- Tesla cars to auto-park by 2019, says Musk
- Georgia governor race 2018: Stacey Abrams vs. Brian Kemp
- Emery out to 'write new history' against Arsenal's major rivals
- Khachanov advances to Paris Masters final
- EPL: Big win takes Man City back to top spot
- Baltimore Amazon warehouse wall collapse: 2 dead, fire chief says