SNL's Pete Davidson is facing enormous backlash after a bit on "Weekend Update" likening Crenshaw to a "hit man in a porno movie".
With a photo of Crenshaw over his shoulder, Davidson remarked: "This guy's kind of cool".
For the uninitiated, Davidson mocked the appearance of the Republican candidate in Texas 2nd district Dan Crenshaw who wears an eyepatch from having been wounded during his military service.
NRCC spokesperson, Jack Pandol, released a statement Sunday, criticizing Davidson's actions, adding that being dumped is "no excuse for lashing out" at a war hero.
He went through Rick Scott and Peter King before arriving at Dan Crenshaw.
Crenshaw detailed the attack that cost him his eye in an interview with The Daily Caller News Foundation in March.
On Sunday, Crenshaw, who faces Democrat Todd Litton on Tuesday, reacted to the joke in a tweet, writing that, "I hope @nbcsnl recognizes that vets don't deserve to see their wounds used as punchlines for bad jokes". In speaking to TMZ, Crenshaw shared, "I want us to get away from this culture where we demand apologies every time someone misspeaks. Right? It was not original, it was not amusing, it was just mean-spirited and that's how I feel about it", Crenshaw told TMZ, according to Fox News.
"We need to stop thousands of people from illegally crossing from one side of our border to the other", he said.
"They probably should apologize, but I'm not going to demand an apology". They can do whatever they want, you know. He was evacuated and awoke from his medically induced coma learning that his right eye had been destroyed in the blast and his left eye was still present, but badly damaged.
Still, it doesn't look like Crenshaw is looking for an apology.
- Georgia governor race 2018: Stacey Abrams vs. Brian Kemp
- Khachanov advances to Paris Masters final
- Baltimore Amazon warehouse wall collapse: 2 dead, fire chief says
- Lowe's shutting down RONA store on Barrydowne
- Emery out to 'write new history' against Arsenal's major rivals
- Kieran Trippier’s weekend performance perfectly symbolises why Tottenham Hotpur fans are frustrated
- EPL: Big win takes Man City back to top spot
- Mooted Brexit deal is an 'absolute stinker', warns Boris Johnson
- US Sanctions on Iran Oil Sales Snap Back as Trump Fulfills Vow
- Ahead of Diwali, Delhi's Air Quality continues to alarm citizens