According to detectives, the 15-year-old confessed to strangling his 46-year-old mother Thursday night after they got into a fight over a "D" he received in a class.
WKMG reported that authorities sensed something was amiss and interviewed Ramos' two 17-year-old friends, Dylan Ceglarek and Brian Porras, who reportedly admitted to helping Ramos stage the burglary and bury Cleavenger's body.
Chitwood said Ramos used his knowledge of crime scene analysis to disguise the scene where he had buried his mother's body.
Police also arrested his two friends, both 17.
"These guys helped him bury his mother back here", Chitwood said.
Deputies with the Volusia County Sheriff's Office said Gregory Logan Ramos confessed to the crime after originally trying to trick investigators into thinking his home had been burglarized while he was in school.
"There was no sign of remorse whatsoever".
An argument over a bad grade pushed a Florida teen "sociopath" to kill his mother, hide her body, then stage a burglary at his home, police said.
Initially, the teen told police he came home from school and found his house had been ransacked and his mother was missing. He'd later tell authorities he deserved a Grammy for the "way he performed for the 911 call", Chitwood said.
Gail then called stepfather Danny Cleavenger - who was away on a business trip in Seattle - to tell him about the grade, before going to bed around 11pm. 'I have a feeling this is a case we'll be hearing about for years to come. "All our hearts break for this family", Chitwood tweeted on Saturday.
On Sunday, a judge ordered Ramos to remain in juvenile detention for the next 21 days until a further court order, WFTV reported. Chitwood said the boy is one of the "top three sociopaths" he has ever encountered, calling him a "soulless individual".
Chitwood named the defendants and showed their mugshots, but Law&Crime is not identifying them because they are minors, and it is unclear if they will be charged as adults.
- The Kepler Mission has Come to an End, NASA Announced
- Fortnite's Cube Exploded and Threw Players Into an Endless Void
- Doctor friends attempt to save Australian man after shark attack in Whitsundays
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Go vote, then get some free food, drinks
- Pompeo: Iranian Economy Will 'Crumble' Under Newly Imposed US Sanctions
- Two dead, multiple wounded in US yoga studio shooting
- Oprah Winfrey Responds to 'Racist Robocalls' in Georgia
- Tyson Chandler bought out by Phoenix Suns, eyes Los Angeles Lakers
- United States midterm polls start to open: Who will control Congress?