But Aguero was not to be denied for long, as he turned in Sterling's cross for his 150th Premier League goal, after the England forward and Bernardo Silva linked up classily.
An out-of-sorts Liverpool slumped to a shock 2-0 defeat away to Red Star Belgrade, a result which left the club's hopes of progressing through to the Champions League hanging precariously in the balance.
Jamie Carragher believes that Liverpool's only chance to win the Premier League will come in the second half of the season when Manchester City might shift their focus to the knockout stages of the Champions League.
Chelsea will be seeking a fourth win from four Europa League Group L games in Thursday's contest. Perhaps once they're qualified the Blues boss will give Willy Caballero a chance but for now he'll have to make-do with a place on the bench. We are still unbeaten and we have not played at our highest level, because we have been with the coach only two or three months now.
Also, PSG will have to do more in convincing the player to remain at the club with suggestions that he is unhappy and bent on leaving the team.
Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri brought top scorer Eden Hazard with him to Belarus, despite the Belgian having played only 26 minutes against Crystal Palace on Sunday as he continued his recovery from back problems.
"Yes I think the keeper can do better, but I think Mustafi is more culpable than anyone in terms of his starting position and can he do more to stop the cross?" I have started scoring again for two weeks and now I am happy, the team plays good and I don't need to think about scoring more goals than other players.
Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata has said he is feeling better mentally after coming through a tough spell in his professional and personal life over the past year.
- Armed Militia Groups Head To The Border, Sparking Military Concerns
- Pete Davidson Made Last Minute Call to Mention Ariana Grande on 'SNL'
- Ariana Grande named Billboard's 2018 Woman of the Year
- Chris Watts: Dad admits to killing family to avoid death penalty
- All 78 child hostages released in Cameroon, two teachers held
- Rashida Tlaib will be the nation's first Muslim woman in Congress
- Read the Resignation Letter Attorney General Jeff Sessions Submitted to President Trump
- The Trial of Mexican Drug Lord "El Chapo" Starts Monday in Brooklyn
- ATP Finals: Rafael Nadal ruled out of London event
- United States elects record number of women to House