All eyes are on the Texas Senate race, and even late night hosts are getting involved.
When it comes time to interview the man himself, Triumph/Smigel can't resist flinging a few zingers O'Rourke's way. Triumph shouts third degree burns at the senator like: "You can't ignore me, Ted!"
Said Triumph to Late Show viewers: "Come on, this is the man".
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert sent the only political correspondent courageous enough to ask the tough questions down to Texas to cover the toss-up Senate race between incumbent GOP sweaty narc Ted Cruz against Democratic challenger and The Clash fan Beto O'Rourke.
"I'm here at the Ted Cruz rally", Triumph announces, "or a Duck Dynasty cosplay convention". "Donald Trump for insulting his wife or that mongoose for eating his offspring". Triumph, a.k.a. comic Robert Smigel, asked an O'Rourke supporter.
Triumph then asked voters if they were impressed by the way Ted has forgiven Donald Trump, and "if Ted loses do you think he'll end up back with his first love, that mute lady from The Shape of Water, because he's a disgusting fish monster!"
First, Triumph talked to early-voting Beto fans, a "terrifying swarm of degenerate leftists with one thing in common: they all share the same Netflix account". "Because he's a ugly fish monster!" "I support spaying and neutering, just like Trump did to you", Triumph quickly shot back, adding his trademark catchphrase, "I kid!"
"You can't ignore me, Ted", Triumph says in the crowd as he nears Cruz.
"Ted, is it true you will defend the constitution at all costs?"
Cruz, however, tried to have a moment with Triumph.
People have compared Cruz to the Zodiac killer, which Triumph called unfair, "since his plan to end Obamacare would kill way more people - I mean way, way, way, way more people!"
- Cup runner's death: Inquiry looms after The Cliffsofmoher dies
- Tyson Chandler bought out by Phoenix Suns, eyes Los Angeles Lakers
- Fortnite's Cube Exploded and Threw Players Into an Endless Void
- ELECTION DAY 2018: What you need to know
- 10-year-old girl charged with killing baby at day care
- Klopp: Milner 'Is Like Wine, A Very Good Red One.'
- Facebook blocks 115 accounts for 'coordinated inauthentic behavior'
- Amazon To Split Second Headquarters Between Two US Cities, Says Report
- Messi will travel to Milan for Barcelona’s Champions League clash with Inter
- Fox News doesn't condone Hannity appearance with Trump