Are you excited about the forthcoming Breaking Bad movie?
Show creator Vince Gilligan has a two-hour movie planned from the Breaking Bad universe, according to reports. Such is the case with Better Call Saul, a spin-off prequel that predates the events of Breaking Bad by six years.
Gilligan will write, executive produce and possibly direct the project.
According to the Albuquerque Journal, the New Mexico Film Office had announced that a film called Greenbrier would go into production from mid-November to early February. While no cast members from the AMC series have been confirmed to return, series creator Vince Gilligan is spearheading the project after signing a three-year deal renewal with Sony Pictures Television this past July.
It's also unclear, if that's the story they choose to follow, how Bryan Cranston's Walter White would be involved based on the ending to Breaking Bad. This news only leaked due to the New Mexico Film Office putting out the project's title and logline and the Journal figuring out the rest.
Set in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Cranston played Walter White, who is transformed from a meek high school science teacher into a ruthless player in the local methamphetamine drug trade. Today, the film feels like a probability - and the series' original star Bryan Cranston is the one dropping the details. "So there's question of whether or not we will even see Walter White in this movie".
For now, though, Cranston is saying that he hasn't read the script and hasn't been officially asked to appear, but he would. The last we see of Jesse is him driving away into the darkness after escaping the clutches of his neo-Nazi captors.
One of the best-reviewed shows in TV history, Breaking Bad earned a total of 16 Emmys, including four best actor prizes for Cranston, and two Golden Globes.
The first spinoff was Better Call Saul, a TV show that focuses on how Jimmy McGill became the scummy lawyer Saul Goodman.
- Florida Restores Voting Rights for Most Felons
- China won`t close doors, will become more and more open: Xi Jinping
- Spice Girls to Make Over $3 Million Each for UK Tour
- FAA issues 737 MAX emergency AD
- Janet Jackson speaks out for 'women whose voices have been silenced'
- Opioid 500 times stronger than morphine gets OK
- Chris Watts: Dad admits to killing family to avoid death penalty
- Apple's Confusing Mac Lineup: MacBook Air vs. MacBook
- All 78 child hostages released in Cameroon, two teachers held
- Two Tonnes Of Smelly Durian Fruit Temporarily Grounds Flight After Passenger Complaints