Action 2 Sports will update the live blog with insights from our team and Cover 2 panel of experts. Pre-game news updates will roll in until kickoff.
"I enjoy competing against great players", Rodgers said, "and obviously Tom is right at the top".
In a straight-up, pick'em format, their proprietary computer model went 176-80 last season and beat over 95 percent of CBS Office Pool players in 2016 and '17, performing better than 98 percent of experts tracked by NFLPickWatch.com during that span. I have a ton of respect for the way they're run, what they do, how they do it and how consistently they've done it. Nevertheless, they will not need the run game this week. Near the end of the third quarter, Valdes-Scantling out-jumped J.C. Jackson for a hard grab along the visitors' sideline, picking up 24 yards on a third-and-1. Devin McCourty gets in Rodgers' face on yet another third down, and Rodgers throws it nowhere near Equanimeous St.
The Packers are forced to punt with about 30 seconds left to go.
Mike Daniels ends the Patriots drive with a sack of Tom Brady. It's doubtful Green Bay is giving up as it has Aaron Rodgers and when you have Rodgers, you always have a chance. However the disparity in rankings is seen more in points scored on offense, where the Patriots are ranked fourth in the league and the Packers are ranked 13th.
It began with a giveaway gift to the still-perfect Rams at Los Angeles and continues with three of next four being played at night and on the road, starting with one in New England. But Aaron Rodgers follows that up with a roll-out and a five-yard completion to Randall Cobb for a first down.
"Aaron Rodgers seems to be a sensitive sort with a very healthy ego - he deserves it - but I think that it'd be very interesting to see him try to deal with Belichick's style of coaching". They returned last week but Valdes-Scantling still caught a touchdown pass, his second in three games. Stephon Gilmore breaks up a pass intended for Davante Adams in the end zone.
Brady goes deep to Josh Gordon and then pulls off a flea flicker to Edelman. The go-ahead touchdown - a James White 1-yard run - came following a turnover and was set up by a double-pass, Julian Edelman to White. The Packers defeated the Patriots 35-21 in Super Bowl XXXI. New England is a 5.5-point favorite in the current Patriots vs. Packers odds, down from the opening line of -6.5.
- Trump’s Top Economic Adviser: ‘The Principal Culprit Is China’
- LeSean McCoy's star fades in Buffalo Bills' latest loss to Patriots
- Apple shows record-breaking results for Q4 of the fiscal 2018
- Utah mayor, deployed to Afghanistan, is killed in attack
- Brazil's Bolsonaro wants to move Israel embassy to Jerusalem
- Priyanka Chopra Kicks Off Her Bachelorette Weekend With Boats, Bling, and Booze
- Jamal Khashoggi's Body Dissolved After Dismemberment, Turkish Official Says
- False Kavanaugh Accuser Referred to FBI and DOJ for Investigation
- Alli hoping to 'keep improving' after siging new Spurs contract
- Wayne Rooney returns to the England national team squad