Team management chose to allow the players a day off after they spent more than 150 overs in the field in a warm-up match against a Cricket Australia XI which ended on Saturday.
Pujara said the team was motivated as ever to win an overseas Test series, particularly for the first time on Australian soil.
The most prolific run-scorer in cricket history has a glittering record in Australia. I can't say what their gameplan is, but they know what line and lengths to bowl in Australia, and majority have played here in 2014-15. "I hope they bring that, I know they do it consistently, they bowl aggressively. Right now, we really feel that this is where it's at for the pitch", he added. Some players will, some players won't. The best way to get an even contest is to leave some grass on there and get that balance between bat and ball.
"You have to work and find ways to work things out".
The inexorable rise of Twenty20 cricket has sparked fears that the Test format is in serious jeopardy - but the longest form of the game has a powerful advocate in India captain Virat Kohli. I am not saying we didn't have a good fast-bowling attack in the past. "Hopefully the boys get him under control".
"He's a young boy who has come to play in Australia for the first time, had a dream start to his Test career, so it's hit him pretty hard".
Shaw is also likely to miss the second Test, which starts on December 14, as there is only a three-day turnaround between the games.
India opted against a full training session in Adelaide on Monday with just a handful of players coming down for an optional net. "So it's done everything really well", he said.
Ashwin managed 12 wickets to Lyon's series-high 23 as Michael Clarke's side claimed a 2-0 victory. I think it'll be a good wicket all round. I have always been aiming at that and nothing different this time.
The move robs them of match practice but may prove sensible in light of the quick turnaround between Tests.
"We've seen Shaun [Marsh] make 170 not out here the other day, but [with] the new ball there was a bit on offer". I don't necessarily believe that he is someone you shouldn't try to get under his skin. "He's made for a wicket for everyone, the ideal combination".
"I'll know I'm ready to go. You got to use your actions and skills". "So it'll be an exciting week, a challenging week facing them, but a couple of days of training and we'll be ready to go".
- Israel Launches Operation to Cut off 'Hizbullah Border Tunnels'
- Brexit: Ministers may have broken rules by not publishing legal advice - Speaker
- Michelle Obama offers advice to Meghan Duchess of Sussex
- Outrage after first women's Ballon d'Or victor Ada Hegerberg asked to twerk
- North American leaders sign NAFTA replacement deal
- Huawei’s first notch-free all-screen smartphone is the Nova 4
- Twitter explodes after Jalen Hurts leads 'Bama comeback win over Georgia
- George HW Bush's final journey to the Capitol
- National Hockey League approves Seattle expansion for '21-22 season
- Jurgen Klopp charged by FA over Merseyside derby celebration