Notre Dame isn't interested in covering though, they want to win and play for a national championship.
Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley said he believes his team can win the national championship. "Now we got in, let's go achieve something".
After an exhilarating Championship Weekend that nearly saw Alabama suffer their first loss of the season in the SEC title game, the Crimson Tide are once again the top seed heading into the playoff and will face the Oklahoma Sooners in the semifinal at the Orange Bowl.
-Alabama (13-0) will face Oklahoma (12-1) in the Orange Bowl Saturday, December 29th. In the other 2018 College Football Playoff semifinal, Notre Dame and Clemson, both undefeated, clash in the Cotton Bowl at 4 p.m. ET at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The winners meet in the championship game on January 7 in Santa Clara, California.
Instead the Knights have been selected as an at-large to play in the Playstation Fiesta Bowl against No. 11 LSU (9-3) on New Year's Day.
Georgia (11-2) dropped a spot to fifth and Ohio State (12-1) remained sixth in the selection committee's final top 25 released Sunday. "Georgia was ranked No. 4 because of their wins against highly-ranked teams, their impressive performance against Alabama in the conference championship game, and because of how balanced a team they are". "Every combination was vetted, looking at their full body of work, their resumes side-by-side. We are going to penalize them for losing to the best team".
The protocol says conference championships, head-to-head results, strength of schedule and comparative outcomes are used as virtual tiebreakers when teams are close.
Alabama outscored all their opponents by at least 22 points until their comeback victory against Georgia, making them a heavy favorite over the Sooners.
Clemson played Notre Dame during a hurricane on the way to its first College Football Playoff appearance.
"I think the first thing to do is turn the tape on of the Texas football team", Smart said, asked how to get his players past the 35-28 defeat to Alabama and ensuing CFB Playoff snub. This year, Ohio State is again in the mix as the second team out, but they're joined by Georgia fans as the Bulldogs came in at No. 5 in the final rankings. The bowl last served as a semifinal three years ago, when Alabama beat Michigan State 38-0. To claim that a two-loss Georgia team is incomparably better than either Oklahoma or Ohio State (12-1) makes no sense.
- Brexit: Ministers may have broken rules by not publishing legal advice - Speaker
- National Hockey League approves Seattle expansion for '21-22 season
- George HW Bush's final journey to the Capitol
- Adelaide curator says he will leave ‘some grass’ for series opener
- Michelle Obama offers advice to Meghan Duchess of Sussex
- Former Seahawks Star Brandon Browner Sentenced To 8 Years In Prison
- Israel Launches Operation to Cut off 'Hizbullah Border Tunnels'
- Pompeo Reiterates US Support For Saudi Arabia
- Trump Praises Stone for Refusal to Testify in Mueller Probe
- Vladimir Putin is "slow learner", - US Secretary of Defense