The St. Louis Cardinals made a major move on Wednesday to bolster the middle of their lineup, trading for first baseman Paul Goldschmidt from the Arizona Diamondbacks.
A general view of Busch Stadium during the eighth inning of a game between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Chicago White Sox on May 2, 2018 in St Louis, Missouri.
"So Cardinals fans are lucky to be getting a superstar like Goldy".
Goldschmidt, who has been named to six straight All-Star Games, was heading into the final year of his contract. He hit.290 with 33 home runs and 83 RBIs last season. "We understand that. We've understood that for a long time". Weaver recorded 25 starts with a 4.95 ERA and 121 strike outs. There's enough talent there that it shouldn't be a surprise if GM Mike Hazen makes a few more deals between now and opening day.
Kelly has struggled immensely in 63 big league games but is still just 24 years of age. Arizona will also receive a 2019 competitive balance Round B draft pick. Arizona saw Patrick Corbin leave for the Washington Nationals on Tuesday, and stands to lose A.J. Pollock to the highest bidder in the coming days. Greinke came to the Dback after three seasons with the Dodgers.
MARLINS: Former Seattle Mariners pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre Jr. was hired as pitching coach for the Marlins.
- Alberta oil cuts may not mean spike at the pump in BC
- Jose Mourinho: Manchester United boss happy at club, says agent
- CNN Offices Evacuated Over Bomb Threat During Don Lemon Show
- City won't be rattled by Reds pursuit, says Klopp
- Meghan Markle just achieved something no other royal family member has
- Merkel ally Kramp-Karrenbauer elected new CDU leader
- NASA’s new Mars robot just sent back some awesome photos
- Rap star Kendrick Lamar leads Grammy nominations with 8
- MLB's Jose Castillo, Luis Valbuena Killed in Car Crash
- ‘Marvel’s Spider-Man’ Was Completely Snubbed At The Game Awards 2018