"Due to a police investigation at Columbus Circle, West 58th Street between 8th and 9th Avenue is closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic".
Don Lemon, who was on the air at the time of the bomb threat was forced to abandon his show.
The call was made at around 10pm Eastern time (3am Friday morning United Kingdom time) as CNN switched briefly to pre-taped programming before cutting to live shots of newscasters, employees and onlookers standing behind police barricades outside the building.
CNN said several fire alarm bells signaling an evacuation rang inside its newsroom shortly after 10:30pm. "We grabbed what we could and go out of the building and now we're standing out front there", Lemon said.
Police have given the all-clear after a phoned in bomb threat forced the evacuation of CNN's offices in NY. It appears that tweet was made at around 10:08 p.m., which would make it after police said they received the 911 call. It is unclear whether the threat was directed at CNN or another location close by.
"Right now CNN is airing taped programming due to the disruption".
That package was addressed to former Central Intelligence Agency director John Brennan.
- Crackdown on Italian mob prompts dozens of arrests in Europe
- Trump to Name State Department's Heather Nauert UN Ambassador
- Burnley 1-3 Liverpool: Reds mount comeback to ensure record breaking start
- Huawei exec accused of fraud over Iran sanctions
- China 'confident' of U.S. trade deal in 90 days as questions mount
- Housekeeper at Trump's New Jersey golf club tells newspaper she is undocumented
- Kevin Hart stepping down as Oscars host
- Yankees drew their Patrick Corbin line before spurning
- ‘Marvel’s Spider-Man’ Was Completely Snubbed At The Game Awards 2018
- Images Reportedly Show Expansion of NK Missile Base