The new identity of the Delhi franchise was unveiled here on Tuesday.
Delhi Capitals will sport a new logo and crest for the upcoming Indian Premier League season.
The owners of the team-GMR Group and JSW Sports-are set to make this major announcement in a glitzy function in Delhi today evening. Ahead of the 2019 IPL auctions, the Delhi Daredevils released former captain Gautam Gambhir and a host of global stars which include Jason Roy, Glenn Maxwell and Liam Plunkett, along with Indian paceman Mohammed Shami. In the United States, there is an ice hockey team called Washington Capitals, which plays in the National Hockey League. Owner of Delhi team, GMR group entered into a 50-50 partnership with Mumbai-based steel company Jindal South West (JSW) Sports for the ownership of the team in 2018. Going by the tagline "A New Delhi Rises", the event was broadcast live on its official Instagram and Facebook pages too. JSW Sports acquired a 50% stake in the Delhi franchise ahead of the 2018 edition of the IPL.
Mohammed Kaif was earlier named as the team's assistant coach while Ricky Ponting continues to be the head coach of the team. They have made the trading with Sunrisers Hyderabad to grab the services of Shikhar Dhawan as well. The side boasts of some fine young talent in skipper Shreyas Iyer, Prithvi Shaw and Rishabh Pant. The team finished as one the semifinalists in the opening two editions but since then, they have made it to the play-offs only once (way back in 2012) in nine years.
- Top GOP senators say 'zero' doubt Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's death
- Facebook gave Netflix and Airbnb preferential data access to data, documents reveal
- Journalist's Conspiracy Theory For Why Ronaldo Didn't Win Ballon d'Or
- Adelaide curator says he will leave ‘some grass’ for series opener
- Twitter explodes after Jalen Hurts leads 'Bama comeback win over Georgia
- Donald Trump 'likes' Kim Jong-un, Moon says
- Rahm breezes to Hero World Challenge title
- In photo, Bush's service dog honors the late president
- All 8 Cities And Stadiums Confirmed For New XFL Teams
- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer to retire after Rose Bowl