U.S. President Donald Trump and South Korean President Moon Jae-in say tensions have eased significantly since then, but Ban, who is in Tokyo for an event organized by a business group, said the crisis is not over and that North Korea should fully disclose its nuclear weapons inventory to a trusted worldwide organization such as the global Atomic Energy Agency.
It has been expected that the North Korean leader could come to the South before the end of the year, but skepticism has mounted that the visit would take place as proposed amid stalled denuclearization talks between the North and the United States.
"We're getting along very well".
North Korea agreed to work toward the "complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula", during summit with the South and an unprecedented meeting between Kim and Trump in June.
Trump said earlier in October that his meeting with Kim would be held after the midterm Congressional elections, and the venue of his second meeting with Kim had been narrowed down to "three or four" locations.
Even though U.S. President Donald Trump has not been directing too much worldwide attention towards the Korean Peninsula in recent months, relations and cooperation between the two Korean governments is continuing a very encouraging pace.
Interested in North Korea?
Mr Moon, who is hoping to host Mr Kim soon on the first ever trip to Seoul by a North Korean leader, said Mr Trump had asked him to pass on a message.
The US has demanded North Korea take concrete action towards denuclearization, while the regime calls for a peace treaty to be signed in order to guarantee security.
U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un walk together before their working lunch during their summit at the Capella Hotel on the resort island of Sentosa, Singapore June 12, 2018.
A team of South Korean officials boarded to investigate how the North's rail network can be modernised and potentially linked up to the South.
But differences have emerged between Washington and Seoul on how to proceed with Kim, as the dovish Moon has long favored engagement with the North.
Last November, a North Korean soldier was critically wounded in a jointly controlled area after he fled to the South amid a hail of bullets fired by his former comrades.
- Israel Launches Operation to Cut off 'Hizbullah Border Tunnels'
- Alabama And Clemson Are Both Double-Digit Favorites In The Playoff Semifinals
- Twitter explodes after Jalen Hurts leads 'Bama comeback win over Georgia
- Vladimir Putin is "slow learner", - US Secretary of Defense
- Pompeo Reiterates US Support For Saudi Arabia
- China grain traders await lower tariffs before U.S. return
- Trump Praises Stone for Refusal to Testify in Mueller Probe
- National Hockey League approves Seattle expansion for '21-22 season
- Former Seahawks Star Brandon Browner Sentenced To 8 Years In Prison
- Relax, Canada: Friends is staying on Netflix until 2020