Eric Trump, executive vice president of the Trump Organization, said attorney George Conway's public criticisms of the president, another one of which came Monday morning, are a dishonor to his wife, Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway.
Conway, an attorney and outspoken critic of Trump, retweeted the president's social media post, writing: "File under '18 U.S.C §§ 1503, 1512.'" Conway was referencing Constitutional statutes for obstruction of justice and witness tampering. But if Mueller has solid evidence that it's Stone and Manafort who are lying, and Cohen who is telling the truth, then how can this be anything other than witness tampering?
Specifically addressing Eric Trump's tweet, Gregory said, "It's striking to me that you, you know, insert yourself into that and I think that Kellyanne Conway has also taken umbrage and questions about this in their marriage". Most recently, Stone told ABC's "This Week" on Sunday that "there's no circumstance under which I would testify against the President because I'd have to bear false witness against him".
'I'd have to make things up, and I'm not going to do that, ' Stone added.
Stone has said he expected to get indicted by Mueller.
Meanwhile, Mueller's team continues to quietly move forward with the investigation that has been lingering over the White House for the past year and a half.
President Donald Trump gestures during a meeting in the sidelines of the G20 Leaders' Summit in Buenos Aires, on November 30, 2018.
On Monday, he suggested in a tweet that Trump was tampering with witnesses in special counsel Robert Mueller's Russian Federation investigation. The man he wants to see in jail is Michael Cohen, who is cooperating with Robert Mueller's investigation after taking a plea deal.
Cohen pleaded for leniency from a judge on Friday, saying he should be spared a prison term because he's informing on the president and his company to Special Counsel Robert Mueller. The URL was purchased and then used to send a single message about how they felt about the president, reading: "Donald J. Trump is a traitor to our country".
- Delhi Daredevils Rename Franchise to Delhi Capitals
- Rahm breezes to Hero World Challenge title
- Rudy Giuliani Doesn't Seem to Know How the Internet Works
- Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 855 processor with 5G and performance improvements
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Facebook gave Netflix and Airbnb preferential data access to data, documents reveal
- Fortnite's new creative mode lets you build on your own private island
- Top GOP senators say 'zero' doubt Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's death
- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer to retire after Rose Bowl
- Teacher’s Pet subject Chris Dawson arrested over murder of Lyn Dawson