Harris will become Australia's 456th male Test cricketer after appearing to win the selection race over Victorian teammate Peter Handscomb for the four-Test series opener.
Many will be curious about what to expect. No Indian team has won a series there since ties began with the 1948 tour by Lala Amarnath's team.
"There's much more experience and the guys are fitter than they were last time they came here (in 2014)", Kohli said of his pace battery.
Australia's batting line-up misses prominent names such as Smith and Warner, both of which are now serving a one-year bans for their involvement in the infamous ball-tampering scandal in March 2018.
Australia were left with a victory target of 384, but six wickets from Harbhajan Singh steered India to an unlikely 171-run win.
A barrage of cultural reviews linking the team's past belligerence with a descent into cheating has hardly helped the mood.
Smith's batting reached another level after succeeding Michael Clarke as captain in 2015. We don't want to be a side that plays exciting cricket for one Test match. "Gaining the respect of our country is as high a priority as is winning", said the wicketkeeper-batsman in the pre-match press conference here on Wednesday. A Video on Social Media showed Mohammed Shami bowling to his Captain Virat Kohli.
- During that period, Siddle has dismissed Kohli on four occasions for a strike rate of 70 - better than any of his team-mates, among those to have bowled more than one ball.
Mostly green and often downtrodden, the humble grass on which the highly-anticipated Australia-India Tests will be played doesn't normally attract as many headlines as superstars Virat Kohli and Mitchell Starc.
Praising spin bowler Ravichandran Ashwin, who had scalped two wickets in their warm-up match against the Cricket Australia XI, the right-hand batsman underscored that he is a clever bowler who reads the batsman very well.
"They still have the skill to dominate at home. We're drawing all the water from the soil, we're taking all the moisture out of the leaf, we're basically taking that plant all the way to the nth degree", Lewis said. He will be again looking to score runs with the bat, but this time around, he will be hoping to win the Series for India Down Under.
Scorching weather forecast for the opening days could see tempers fray quickly in the field. "There's always a good coverage of grass here in Adelaide and it offers a bit with the new ball, but there's also a lot of runs to be had out there", he said about the toss.
"Yeah, at times when situations are hard you do find ways to upset the batsmen's rhythm", he said. "It's not been told to them; they only are talking about it, which I think is a very positive sign".
- This simple test could one day tell you if you have cancer
- French protests ahead despite Macron concession
- Cricket Betting Tips and Match Predictions Australia v India 1st Test
- PETA dogged by catty comments after anti-animal language tweet
- Canada arrests CFO of China's Huawei Technologies
- All 8 Cities And Stadiums Confirmed For New XFL Teams
- Facebook gave Netflix and Airbnb preferential data access to data, documents reveal
- In photo, Bush's service dog honors the late president
- Travis Scott Responds to Cheating Allegations, Even Though: "I Hate Acknowledging Sh--"
- Chelsea players had too much confidence, says Maurizio Sarri