"For years I have been asked if I would ever Host the Oscars and my answer was always the same..."
He said he stepped down so as not to be a distraction on a night that should be celebrated by so many wonderful talented artists.
In one tweet, which was posted in 2011, Hart said if his son were to come home and try to play with his daughter's doll house that he would "break it over his head".
Despite the Academy's gracious offer, Kevin says, "I passed".
Hart, who earlier today expressed that he did not feel a need to apologize because he had already done so several times in the past, nevertheless issued a final apology - along with his decision to remove himself from the ceremony.
Neither Hart's reps nor the Academy immediately responded to Fox News' request for comment.
However, the choice of Hart quickly prompted a backlash after people republished a significant number of Hart's tweets in which he used homophobic slurs.
The comic also continued to place blame and direct his ire at those who resurfaced his tweets in the first place, insinuating that they did so out of malicious spite or in an effort to gain temporary fame.
It's possible the Academy will consider Hart's statements sufficiently in the past and move on, but it's tough to say what will happen next. "I've done it. I've done it!" a seemingly exasperated Hart said.
"Guys, I'm nearly 40 years old", Hart said in the video. If you don't believe people change, grow as they get older, I don't know what to tell you. "I don't know what to tell you", Hart said. In 2010 during his Seriously Funny standup special, Hart delivered an extended joke based on a fear of his three-year-old son Hendrix turning out gay.
"I'm sorry that I hurt people", Hart continued. NOTHING. I work hard on a daily basis to spread positivity to all... with that being said if you want to search my history or past and anger yourselves with what u find that is fine with me. My goal is to bring people together not tear us apart. For his part, Hart said in his video: "Regardless, Academy I'm thankful and appreciative of the opportunity". But we hope he has a handsome day.
Hart reportedly deleted a number of homophobic messages - some of which were almost a decade old - after getting picked to host the 2019 awards show on Tuesday. A simple, authentic apology showing any bit of understanding or remorse would have been so simple, " Eichner said.
But would he still be busy loving his kids if one of them came out as gay? Murphy soon after exited, as well.
- World in 'deep trouble' over climate change, United Nations warns
- Kohli falls as Australia strikes put India on ropes
- Ubisoft teases new post-apocalyptic Far Cry
- Kate Middleton on Prince William's Worst Eating Habit | The Feast
- Fortnite Season 7 arrives with new Iceberg biome, Wraps and planes
- Cardi and Offset's Baby Girl Kulture Just Made Her Instagram Debut
- Emery proud of Arsenal after Holding, Ramsey injuries mar Old Trafford draw
- Ever baby born from a uterus transplanted after death
- OH dad makes girl walk miles to school for bullying on bus
- Priyanka Chopra Makes Things Official, Changes Name To ‘Jonas’ On Instagram