The Golden Globes are set to air live on January 6 on NBC at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT from the Beverly Hilton.
Following in the footsteps of the American Film Institute, none of the 10 films nominated for best picture (comedy/musical and drama) were directed by a woman, nor were any of the five directing nominees women. A24, the studio behind First Reformed, seemed to be having a bit of an off year at the Globes, as Eighth Grade also missing out on a Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy nomination, while Hereditary's Toni Collette was similarly snubbed from best actress in a drama.
Oh won a 2006 Golden Globe for Grey's Anatomy.
The Golden Globes-which honors both TV and film-will announce this year's nominees on Thursday, December 6th, in a special hosted by Danai Gurira and Terry Crews.
Surprisingly, Netflix did not score a single nomination for the acclaimed update of Mike Flanagan and Shirley Jackson's "The Haunting of Hill House", which seems a shame, as young viewers had nightmares watching this one, and it would have been a thrill to see some of its castmembers in the mix along with AARP qualifiers Roberts, Nicole Kidman, Glenn Close and Willem Dafoe. Though Elisabeth Moss picked up a nomination in the latter category this time around, the show was shut out of the best drama category. The HFPA loves to anoint new shows, but this year, Barry is the only new comedy that really blew the doors off. Kidding is a great Jim Carrey performance trapped in uneven execution, and The Kominsky Method is merely okay, and if it didn't star Alan Arkin and Michael Douglas we wouldn't even be talking about it.
HBO's wearying penchant for dark dramas only yielded nominations for the peculiar murder mystery "Sharp Objects" (series, Amy Adams and Patricia Clarkson) and one nomination for "Westworld" (Emmy victor Thandie Newton).
"Atlanta": In 2017, "Atlanta" won the Golden Globe for best comedy.
Film and television are audiovisual mediums, so naturally, the music world has an impact on the biggest movies and TV shows.
Samberg was the obvious choice to host the awards. "And that he did it so unbelievably well and with so much impact ... seeing that potentially being recognized is what excites me the most".
Marvel has made a heroic push for the film in recent months by hiring Oscar strategist Cynthia Swartz to lead the campaign for awards season with the support of Marvel President Kevin Feige and a "significant awards season budget".
- President George H.W. Bush’s Service Dog ‘Sully’ Salutes Companion At Capitol
- 'Extremely rare blood' donations needed to save 2-year-old Florida girl
- Canada arrests CFO of China's Huawei Technologies
- Jay Gruden Says Redskins Considered Colin Kaepernick
- Packers Fire Coach For Ripping Aaron Rodgers and Team in Tweet
- Chelsea players had too much confidence, says Maurizio Sarri
- Manchester United have considerable defensive worries ahead of Arsenal clash
- India vs Australia: Five Indian Bowlers To Watch Out For
- PETA dogged by catty comments after anti-animal language tweet
- George W Bush says he called dad 'wonderful'