Manchester City moved five points clear at the top of the English Premier League as Raheem Sterling inspired a 3-1 win over Bournemouth, while Crystal Palace clinched a crucial 2-0 victory over relegation rivals Burnley on Saturday.
But champions City were not to be denied and Ilkay Gundogan completed the 3-1 victory on 79 minutes.
Defender Mings, who was recalled for his first league start of the season, said: 'If you look at the spirit of the group - that's a massive thing. "Definitely - I've said many times we are delighted but he can do better".
City next face a trip to Watford in the league before a mouth-watering clash against Chelsea on 8 December.
"In the second half one action from Raheem Sterling changed the game".
"We played one weak half against Liverpool in Champions League and that was that one weak half too many".
AFP Glyn KIRK Ander Herrera rescued Manchester United at Southampton
Brighton responded to conceding a goal after 55 seconds - the earliest strike in the Premier League this season - to win at 10-man Huddersfield 2-1, with Romania striker Florin Andone grabbing the victor with his first goal in English soccer.
Silva, who scored City's first goal on his return from injury, also feels the team as a whole are improving and should be striving to set yet more records. "I don't know what he ate but it will be on the menu for the next games".
By contrast, the finish for his goal was relatively straightforward, albeit after a stylish build-up, as he fed a pass for Danilo to shoot, then swept in the rebound after goalkeeper Asmir Begovic has failed to hold the ball.
Callum Wilson found a deserved equaliser but Bournemouth were sunk by a familiar foe.
Today, we pick out three players in the Premier League now who can achieve a lot more if they move on to another club.
"We did so well in the last 10, 15 minutes of the first half. good spirit, good fight, good comeback from 0-2 to 2-2 and great examples of players fighting to the limits", Mourinho told BT Sport. We weren't as aggressive defensively or offensively. "We have an honest group of players and I can't fault them at all".
- Tottenham fan who threw banana skin on pitch at Arsenal is banned
- Trump agrees to pause USA trade war with China
- Ukraine Reiterates Call For 'Germany, Allies' To Increase Presence In Black Sea
- Kensington Palace Breaks Silence After Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle Feud Rumors
- Qatar leaves Opec oil group to focus on gas
- Facebook’s Sandberg admits to snooping on Soros
- Modric takes the Ballon d'Or from the grip of Cristiano and Messi
- Captain Marvel's Cosmic New Poster Arrives Ahead Of Fresh Trailer
- Comey Makes a Deal With House Republicans to Testify
- NYPD searching for couple who lost ring down Times Square drain