Here, FOX Sports Asia predicts the top 5 finishers in the 2018 Ballon d'Or race.
Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo will not attend tonight's 2018 Ballon d'Or ceremony in Paris, France. From winning the Golden Boy award in 2017 to lifting the World Cup with France and now being in firm contention for the Ballon d'Or, Mbappe has already cemented his name as one of the top players in the world.
The Argentine superstar last won the Ballon d'Or in 2015 but has at least featured among the podium three in each of the last two years since his previous win.
Varane's performances too have been disappointing this season considering the standards he sets for himself.
On other hand, Griezmann helped his country to win the World Cup during the summer and won the Europa League and the Uefa Super Cup with Atletico Madrid.
Like Griezmann, the 19-year-old played a crucial role in France's World Cup winning team in Russian Federation, having scored 4 goals (including one in the finals) to win him the competition's Young Player Award.
However, the Frenchman has not been the most consistent, with explosive performances coming in fits and starts.
A 30-man shortlist has been drawn up for the prize based on performances in 2018, with Croatia captain and Real Madrid Champions League victor Luka Modric the favourite to land the prize.
Croatian Luka Modric is widely tipped to win after a leaked report last week confirmed as much.
- Uefa ready to bring in VAR
- UK's May presses on with Brexit plan after another minister quits
- Kensington Palace Breaks Silence After Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle Feud Rumors
- PAHO urges testing as first step towards halting the AIDS epidemic
- Facebook’s Sandberg admits to snooping on Soros
- Captain Marvel's Cosmic New Poster Arrives Ahead Of Fresh Trailer
- Trump agrees to pause USA trade war with China
- Putin says Russia, Saudi Arabia to extend OPEC oil pact
- Ukraine Reiterates Call For 'Germany, Allies' To Increase Presence In Black Sea
- Comey Makes a Deal With House Republicans to Testify