At the Los Angeles Auto Show, the company pulled the sheet off its new and improved Maxima sedan. It comprises Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) with Pedestrian Detection, Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), High Beam Assist (HBA) and Rear Automatic Braking. All five Maxima trim levels have new wheels, including 19-inch wheels on the new range-topping Platinum Reserve trim. "As a pioneer of the CUV trend, it offered forward-looking design sensibility that combined an elegant style with premium features - without a luxury price tag", said Dan Mohnke, senior vice president, Sales & Marketing and Operations, Nissan Division U.S., Nissan North America, Inc.
The Nissan Safety Shield 360 system is standard on the Maxima Platinum and part of the SR Premium package. So, in the "base" of the crossover now has a knee airbag for the front passenger side "airbag" on the second row of seats.
American buyers there are three new shades of the body: Sunset Drift Chromaflair, Mocha Almond Pearl and Deep Blue Pearl.
On the tech front, Nissan has added Rear Door Alert and an upgraded satellite radio to all Maxima trims.
Even by refresh standards, this one is minor. Under the hood, Nissan sticks with the standard 3.5-liter V6 making 300 horsepower and 261 pound-feet of torque, mated to the same CVT transmission and sport-tuned steering, brakes and suspension.
The 2019 Murano goes on sale at the end of the year and early next at Nissan dealerships across the country. The Maxima has a sporty image, but developed on the same front-drive platform as the previous Teana/Altima.
An 8.0-inch touchscreen for infotainment includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, while SL and higher trim levels now include standard navigation.
Nissan freshened the Murano inside and out with an emphasis on the interior, especially the top trim line. Just two options are available, the SV Premium Package featuring Power Panoramic Moonroof, Intelligent Around View® Monitor, Bose® Premium sound system with 11 high-performance speakers and more; and the SL Technology Package with Safety Shield 360 technology, Traffic Sign Recognition and Power Panoramic Moonroof.
- Kawhi Leonard Set to Leave Jordan Brand for New Balance
- UK Leader Focused on Passing Brexit Deal Despite Uncertainty
- Kid Rock kicked out of Nashville Christmas parade after comments
- Macron tells Saudi prince global experts needed in Khashoggi investigation
- Google may pull the plug on Hangouts in 2020
- CNN fires analyst Marc Lamont Hill after United Nations speech on Israel
- Chelsea's Cesc Fabregas will stay at Stamford Bridge until end of season
- Bethesda’s $200 ‘Fallout 76’ collector’s edition isn’t what fans were promised
- Ariana Grande fangirls after Jennifer Garner's praise of Thank U, Next
- Stop It, Tyson Fury Did Not Earn a Win Against Deontay Wilder