Per Rob Demovsky of ESPN, Moss' firing was interim head coach Joe Philbin's decision, which isn't surprising.
"It's never about one thing", Philbin said.
"Find somebody that is going to hold #12 (Rodgers' jersey number) and everybody in this building to a #LombardiStandard", read part of Moss' tweet, citing former Packers coach and Hall of Famer Vince Lombardi.
Philbin, who had been the team's offensive coordinator before McCarthy was sacked, refused to comment further on the tweet and noted defensive assistant Scott McCurley will take over Moss' duties as outside linebackers coach.
"We thank Winston for his contributions to the Packers over the past 13 years", said Philbin. Relative to your question, I think you do have to constantly pay attention to how we are teaching.
At 8:38 p.m. ET, the Packers announced on their website that the team has "parted ways" with Moss. "I don't know (how) many times I've got to stand here and tell you, I don't feel like I need to convince anybody about Mike and I's relationship. So came to that decision". In a joint press conference Monday, Murphy and Gutekunst called Philbin a "legitimate candidate" to replace McCarthy on a full-time basis. See the team's official statement, here. "And hopefully we can finish the season on a strong note".
"If that's in the cards for me, that's great. But our focus now is on finishing the season strong and then hiring the very best coach that we can for the team".
- Travis Scott Responds to Cheating Allegations, Even Though: "I Hate Acknowledging Sh--"
- Teacher’s Pet subject Chris Dawson arrested over murder of Lyn Dawson
- Jay Gruden Says Redskins Considered Colin Kaepernick
- Rescue mission in Japan after 'mishap' involving two Marine aircraft
- This simple test could one day tell you if you have cancer
- Cricket Betting Tips and Match Predictions Australia v India 1st Test
- India vs Australia: Five Indian Bowlers To Watch Out For
- All 8 Cities And Stadiums Confirmed For New XFL Teams
- Facebook gave Netflix and Airbnb preferential data access to data, documents reveal
- In a Rare Move, Kensington Place Publicly Denies Story About the Royals