Five-time Super Bowl victor Brady connected with Josh Gordon for a 24-yard TD late in the third quarter of a 24-10 victory over Minnesota to tie Peyton Manning for the most touchdown passes in National Football League history, regular season and playoffs included. "And obviously, I'm not a scrambler".
Brady's run came on a third-and-3 play, and he slid at the end of it before signaling first down from the ground.
That milestone is Brady eclipsing 1,000 career rushing yards as a QB. "That wasn't really a difference in the game", he said. He joked in an Instagram video that the 1,000-yard milestone was the only thing that kept him playing.
Bill Belichick couldn't wait to heap effusive praise on Brady for the hard-earned benchmark. I'm out! Time to ride off into the sunset. Flip the page to watch Brady celebrate 1,000 career rushing yards.
"I think that's what's great about this offense", running back Rex Burkhead said after returning from an eight-game absence due to a neck injury.
But then Brady, who threw his first interception in five games but wasn't sacked for the second straight week, started to stretch the field vertically with Gordon as the Patriots scored on back-to-back possessions bridging the third and fourth quarters to open up a 24-10 lead.
It was Brady's 508th regular-season touchdown pass - tied for third on the career list with Brett Favre behind Manning's 539.
Of course, Brady knew that he had finally eclipsed the mark.
- Jay Gruden Says Redskins Considered Colin Kaepernick
- PETA dogged by catty comments after anti-animal language tweet
- India vs Australia: Five Indian Bowlers To Watch Out For
- Chelsea players had too much confidence, says Maurizio Sarri
- This simple test could one day tell you if you have cancer
- Cardi B announces split from Offset - the internet is a mess!
- Newcastle United 0 West Ham 3
- Delhi Daredevils Rename Franchise to Delhi Capitals
- Trade war, day 153: China affirms ‘very successful’ trade meeting
- Cricket Betting Tips and Match Predictions Australia v India 1st Test