Before the public started walking past Bush's casket, US political dignitaries praised him as an American hero in World War II, a statesman, a world leader and, perhaps most of all, as a decent man full of grace.
During Dole's salute to Bush, the attending crowd remained silent. Alan Simpson of Wyoming, former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and historian Jon Meacham, Bush family spokesmen said.
Bush greeted former and current presidents and their wives on the bench with handshakes before having this heartwarming exchange with Michelle, who couldn't help but chuckle as she was handed the mint.
The late Mr Bush called Mr Trump a "blowhard".
Wednesday, 5:45 p.m: A service is held at St. Martin's Episcopal Church in Houston before Bush lies in state until Thursday at 6 a.m.
A grandson of George H.W. Bush said Tuesday that the late 41st president wanted his state funeral to be an opportunity for the nation to put aside political differences.
Bill Clark CQ Roll Call
December 5 has been declared a national holiday and that means there will be no mail delivery.
Both served in World War II.
The 2-year-old pup will be moving on to work with wounded and active-duty soldiers in their physical and occupational therapy at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Maryland, according to America's VetDogs, the organization that handles Sully.
Bush was president from 1989 to 1993, a time in which communism toppled across Eastern Europe and Walesa became president of a democratic Poland.
"He left a simple, yet profound legacy to his children, to his grandchildren and to his country: service", George P. Bush said. For the last six months, Sully the service dog was President George H.W. Bush's.
Mr Trump has ordered the federal government closed for a national day of mourning while flags on public buildings are flying at half-mast for 30 days.
Gov. Larry Hogan announced Monday that all state government agencies and offices would be closed Wednesday in honor of Bush's "lifetime of service". His death also reduces membership in the ex-presidents' club to four: Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama.
- French protests ahead despite Macron concession
- India vs Australia: Five Indian Bowlers To Watch Out For
- Chelsea players had too much confidence, says Maurizio Sarri
- Jay Gruden Says Redskins Considered Colin Kaepernick
- Patriots QB Brady finally joins 1000-yard rushing club
- Canada arrests CFO of China's Huawei Technologies
- Rescue mission in Japan after 'mishap' involving two Marine aircraft
- Newcastle United 0 West Ham 3
- Mobile phone network down across the Isle of Wight
- Travis Scott Responds to Cheating Allegations, Even Though: "I Hate Acknowledging Sh--"