The rough timing of OnePlus's intended European launch isn't exactly a surprise - Qualcomm president Cristiano Amon pointed out in his day one keynote address that wireless industry as a whole was moving "at the same pace for 2019 launches" for 5G. While each new generation of Snapdragon usually finds its way into flagship Android phones, it's unclear which models will run the Snapdragon 855 with 5G connectivity.
Mobile device makers and 5G pundits have another challenge to overcome if they wish to encourage the early adoption of 5G-ready devices: the price point. The U.S.is only slightly behind South Korea in enabling 5G for consumers, as TechRadar reports that three South Korean operators launched their 5G networks for enterprise consumers in parts of major cities. Per AT&T, "AT&T today announced plans to grow its mobile 5G device lineup with a 5G smartphone from Samsung in the first half of 2019". The 855 is the first commercially-available mobile processor that supports multi-gigabit 5G connectivity, hopefully easing our transition into 5G networks without the need for a complicated or inefficient secondary modem. The Samsung phone will be AT&T's second 5G device, after the aforementioned Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot puck.
You can learn about the 5G standard by checking out the links below. "Every Android vendor is working on 5G right now", he said. She also reminded everyone of the work that Verizon put into getting 5G where it is today, starting with partnerships in the 5G Technical Forum that Verizon created and that helped evolve the technology into the 3GPP spec. Justin Denison, Samsung's SVP of product marketing and strategy, confirmed yesterday that the company's 5G phone will be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855.
5G is the evolution of 4G LTE, and promises faster and more reliable speeds. Additionally, with the Snapdragon 855, Qualcomm is aiming to deliver a great photography and gaming experience to the users. The Snapdragon 855 is expected to arrive in numerous major flagships in 2019, just as the 845 did this year. A Bloomberg report this week said that Apple will hold off on launching an iPhone on the ultra-fast 5G network until 2020 at the earliest.
Also during the event, Justin Denison, senior VP of mobile product strategy and marketing for Samsung Electronics America, discussed Samsung's commitment to 5G including bringing the first flagship 5G smartphone to the USA in the first half of 2019 using Qualcomm's Snapdragon 855 mobile chip with 5G X50 modem.
- Journalist's Conspiracy Theory For Why Ronaldo Didn't Win Ballon d'Or
- Twitter explodes after Jalen Hurts leads 'Bama comeback win over Georgia
- Relax, Canada: Friends is staying on Netflix until 2020
- Israel Launches Operation to Cut off 'Hizbullah Border Tunnels'
- Donald Trump 'likes' Kim Jong-un, Moon says
- Jurgen Klopp charged by FA over Merseyside derby celebration
- Vladimir Putin is "slow learner", - US Secretary of Defense
- Adelaide curator says he will leave ‘some grass’ for series opener
- Alabama And Clemson Are Both Double-Digit Favorites In The Playoff Semifinals
- Former Seahawks Star Brandon Browner Sentenced To 8 Years In Prison