Trailing Lamar in the nominations stakes are Drake with seven, and Carlile and producer Boi-1da with six apiece.
Recording Academy chief Neil Portnow was criticized earlier this year when he blamed women for their lack of representation at the Grammys.
Take a listen to the biggest albums of the year below, and tune in on February 10 to see which one takes home the prize!
After receiving two Grammy nominations for her breakthrough "Bodak Yellow" last year, Cardi B continues her hot streak with five nods, including Record of the Year for her hit "I Like It". Both behind-the-scenes music creators netted nods for Album Of The Year.
Behind him is Drake who is nominated for: Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Record of the Year ("God's Plan"), Best Rap Song ("God's Plan" and "Sicko Mode"), and two for Best Rap Performance ("Nice for What" and "Sicko Mode"). The Nanaimo, B.C. singer and Bennett's rendition of 'S Wonderful is up for best pop duo performance, while their Love is Here to Stay is in the running for traditional pop vocal album.
- Best compilation soundtrack for visual media: "Call Me By Your Name"; "Deadpool 2"; "The Greatest Showman"; "Lady Bird"; "Stranger Things". The Carters earned two nods in the R&B category along with best music video, while Grande picked up two nods in pop.
Other categories Lamar got nominated include, Record of the Year, Song of the Year and others. He has been nominated three times but has never won.
In addition, Drizzy made it into several rap categories.
Violinist Christina Day Martinson, from Saskatchewan, is nominated in the classical instrumental solo category for Biber: The Mystery Sonatas with the Boston Baroque.
The release of Lil Wayne's album "Tha Carter V" was "highly anticipated" by his fans, Rolling Stone reported, as the album took years to make.
The Recording Academy, whose members choose the Grammys, this year expanded to eight from five the number of nominees in the top four categories - record, song and album of the year, and best new artist - to allow a more diverse line-up. It was a moment to be surrounded by my band and the people I love. Additionally, rapper Mac Miller, who died in September from an accidental overdose at age 26, earned a posthumous nomination for his album Swimming, marking his first Grammy nomination for best rap album.
Some acts scored their first nominations ever, including Florida Georgia Line, whose megahit "Meant to Be" with Rexha is up best country duo/group performance.
Studio engineer Mike Bozzi (Black Panther: The Album, Post Malone's Beerbongs & Bentleys) and Top Dawg Entertainment in-house producer Mark "Sounwave" Spears (Black Panther: The Album) were nominated five times each.
- Meghan Markle just achieved something no other royal family member has
- Images Reportedly Show Expansion of NK Missile Base
- China 'confident' of U.S. trade deal in 90 days as questions mount
- CNN Offices Evacuated Over Bomb Threat During Don Lemon Show
- Mortal Kombat 11 bringing more ultraviolence in April
- ‘Marvel’s Spider-Man’ Was Completely Snubbed At The Game Awards 2018
- Burnley 1-3 Liverpool: Reds mount comeback to ensure record breaking start
- North Carolina congressional candidate withdraws concession
- Falcon 9 Rocket Crashes After Successful ISS Cargo Delivery
- British backpacker's disappearance in New Zealand being treated as suspected murder