Friends will be staying on Netflix through 2019, ET has learned.
These concerns were sparked over the weekend when people spotted that the show would only be available on Netflix until January 1.
Some hardcore fans of the classic sitcom were anxious the show was going to be cut from Netflix in the new year.
Over the weekend, attentive fans of the hit sitcom noticed that Netflix had put an expiration date on the program's detail page, which leaves them in a forlorn state. The untitled streaming platform is pegged to launch at the end of 2019.
According to Decider, Friends will be gone as of January 1st, 2019 and fans have taken to Twitter with all kinds of sentiments. TV, who produced the massively successful sitcom, did respond to THR, while a Netflix spokesperson declined to comment.
For all the talk of Netflix being able to survive mostly on the strength of its original content, there was certainly a significant amount of uproar yesterday when it looked like Friends was leaving the streaming service's library. Seriously, all the teens love Friends, they think it's "quaint".
Media analyst Rich Greenfield suggested as much in an analyst note back in October - specifically, that Friends might depart Netflix next year for the new streaming service that Warner Bros. parent company WarnerMedia is launching towards the end of 2019. It's possible that "glitch" was a premature sign of things to come. Well we now have some more clarity on what, exactly, is going on, and how long you can expect Friends to be there for you. You know, more Bojack, less Christmas Prince.
- Apple approves India’s controversial Do Not Disturb app
- PETA Not Happy With Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas's Wedding Rituals
- Pompeo Reiterates US Support For Saudi Arabia
- Outrage after first women's Ballon d'Or victor Ada Hegerberg asked to twerk
- North American leaders sign NAFTA replacement deal
- Michelle Obama offers advice to Meghan Duchess of Sussex
- George HW Bush's final journey to the Capitol
- Trump Praises Stone for Refusal to Testify in Mueller Probe
- Powell Comments Suggest Fewer Rate Hikes Next Year
- Jurgen Klopp charged by FA over Merseyside derby celebration