The unedited, original version of the story called Priyanka a "modern-day scam artist" who had conned Nick Jonas into marrying her, citing supposed "red flags" like wedding-related sponcon (though both the bride and groom participated equally in that) and their super-extra wedding.
The article has now been replaced with a single line: "Upon further editorial review, we found this story did not meet our standards. We've removed it and apologize". Sophie posted on her Twitter account.
"At times, marriage can be a beautifully wonderful union that warms even the coldest of hearts, but sadly, this union evokes no such feeling", Smith wrote. The outlet deemed Priyanka to be a "global scam artist" who has tricked Jonas into a lifetime commitment when all he wanted was a fling.
Dressed in a white kurta pyjama and a black waistcoat, the Indian prime minister was received by Priyanka's mother Madhu Chopra who accompanied him to the stage where he gifted a rose each to the newly-weds.
Nick and his brothers Kevin and Joe formed a pop-rock band, The Jonas Brothers, in 2005 and soared to fame as members of Disney's stable of teenage stars.
The article has now been edited by removing most of the controversial bits. It reeks of envy and bitterness.
Many celebrities and fans expressed their disgust for the controversial article.
Priyanka and Nick tied the knot over the weekend in Jodhpur's Umaid Bhawan Palace on December 1 and 2. Priyanka introduced her husband, brother-in-law and his fiance. Days after the couple got married (in two handsome wedding ceremonies in India, we might add), The Cut published an article analyzing their relationship-and why it might be fake. Another comment read: "Forget petty".
- Powell Comments Suggest Fewer Rate Hikes Next Year
- Relax, Canada: Friends is staying on Netflix until 2020
- Vladimir Putin is "slow learner", - US Secretary of Defense
- Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 855 processor with 5G and performance improvements
- Twitter explodes after Jalen Hurts leads 'Bama comeback win over Georgia
- Former Seahawks Star Brandon Browner Sentenced To 8 Years In Prison
- Donald Trump 'likes' Kim Jong-un, Moon says
- Trump Praises Stone for Refusal to Testify in Mueller Probe
- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer to retire after Rose Bowl
- Jurgen Klopp charged by FA over Merseyside derby celebration