It's basically the gaming world's equivalent of the Golden Globes, if the Golden Globes were occasionally sponsored by Dorito's, or undrinkable new flavors of Mountain Dew.
If you haven't yet played Far Cry 5 and don't want to spoil the ending, you're going to want to avoid Ubisoft's tease for a Far Cry announcement that's coming during tomorrow Game Awards. However, we will be seeing the full reveal tonight during The Game Awards, which unfortunately doesn't kick off until 1:30 AM for those of us in the UK.
The title suggests a flip of Far Cry 5, where the player was part of the resistance against the New Dawn movement.
At the end of Far Cry 5 if you got the main, I suppose now canonical ending, a great big nuclear bomb erupts, killing numerous people in Hope County.
The game appears to be a direct continuation of Far Cry 5, following the destruction of life on Earth at the end of the game.
Will it be a full-blown game, though? If you managed to finish Far Cry 5, then you know this seems pretty familiar.
Tune into the Game Awards for the world premiere of the next Far Cry. With Ubisoft already releasing series spin-offs like Primal and Blood Dragon, it's fair to assume that this mysterious new title will be more in line with one of those.
However, there has tended to be several years between games.
- Corker calls Trump's loyalty to Saudi Arabia 'un-American'
- The Network got live shots of the Samsung Galaxy S10
- World in 'deep trouble' over climate change, United Nations warns
- Kohli falls as Australia strikes put India on ropes
- Lady Gaga, Kendrick Lamar, Donald Glover, And More Receive Golden Globe Nominations
- Arrest of Huawei 'heiress' throws rare spotlight on family
- Recalled infants' Ibuprofen sold at Walmart, CVS, Family Dollar
- Huawei’s CFO Meng Wanzhou Arrested and Now Everyone Is Very Nervous
- Cardi and Offset's Baby Girl Kulture Just Made Her Instagram Debut
- OPEC agrees to deal to cut oil output, despite Trump pressure