WSJ does state that Apple is too deep into the product planning for this year's phones, so the company isn't changing major features like the display on the iPhone XR yet. Apple kept an LCD on its new model XR, which made the phone more affordable than its other late-2018 phones.
"We think 2019 could be the a year ago the iPhone uses the iPhone X design architecture, in preparation for initial hardware specs for 5G (sub-6GHz) and AR (augmented reality), before greater architecture upgrades in 2020F for 5G and a more comprehensive AR system", she added.
iPhone sales haven't been stellar lately, with people replacing their own batteries instead of upgrading and knocking billions off Apple's profit projections in the process.
As the new year kicks off, we already have rumors swirling about the next round of iPhones to come from Apple.
Apple's purported focus on cameras shows that it wants to keep the iPhone competitive with rival smartphones that heavily emphasize the importance of photography chops.
The report is light on other features of the 2019 iPhones. It'll reportedly sell the 64GB iPhone 8 for 3,899 yuan ($578/£450/AU$800), compared to the 5,099 yuan ($756/£590AU$1,045) Apple price. Meanwhile, Apple chose to troll competitors by placing user security and privacy-related ads around CES venues, and TV makers including Samsung announced that AirPlay 2 support would be available inside new TVs.
Apple isn't going down easy. "But if they wait beyond 2020, then I think they'll be impacted". "Or, Apple might be under pressure to clean out its stock of iPhones", he believes.
"What we want from Apple is something that makes us emotional, even unconsciously-say, truly attractive and sophisticated design that we can't resist", said Atsushi Osanai, a professor at Waseda University in Tokyo who is an expert in electronics.
"Cutting the price of devices so soon could hurt Apple's premium brand image", Jia said. In a research note seen by 9to5Mac, Kuo says he expects Apple to shift away from Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) antenna technology in favour of a new combination of Modified PI tech, primarily to improve yield rates and simplify the production process.
- [LISTEN] Parent horrified at alleged racism at NW school
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Battery Capacity Revealed
- What happens if Trump declares national emergency at the border?
- Art Rooney open to trade for Antonio Brown
- Poland arrests Huawei employee and high-ranking security official on spying accusations
- Mourinho free for Real return as United pay compensation
- Donald Trump teases changes for H-1B visa holders
- Christina Aguilera Praises Lady Gaga for Speaking Out Against R. Kelly
- Google Assistant Now Lets You Check-In to Flights by Voice and More
- Samsung warns sales and profits are going down the toilet