"But the £100m spent to sign those players last season and hefty wages given to other star players has led to this situation". "We can only loan players".
Merson has branded his former club "stupid" for letting an experienced player like Ramsey leave the club in the prime of his career.
That partly explains why Ramsey's game time has been limited and is among the factors attracting him to Juventus, where manager Massimiliano Allegri tends to operate with a three-man midfield.
Obviously it would be a major coup if the Merseysiders were able to lure Ramsey to Anfield and he'd be a superb free transfer signing for Liverpool as he's proven in England and one of the best box-to-box midfielders in Europe.
Futhermore, Arsenal boss Unai Emery appeared to confirm the 28-year-old would stay for the remainder of the campaign. Ramsey's arrival at Turin will become the club's second-highest paid player behind Cristiano Ronaldo.
According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona are willing to accept a loan offer from Arsenal which would include the option to purchase Suarez in the summer and are hopeful that an agreement will be reached next week. The Serie A club are exploring every avenue in order to win the race for Ramsey.
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport claims Benatia could be the makeweight.
"I asked him in the last match at Blackpool if he's OK to help us play, he said yes I want to play".
It seems the deal is unlikely to happen.
Emery confirmed in a pre-match press conference on Thursday that Arsenal will not be making any permanent signings during the January transfer window , but admitted that loan signings are possible. Also the likes of Koscielny, Mustafi and Mavarapanos are recovered from injuries, so a defensive reinforcement isn't necessary.
- Radio Signals From A Galaxy Light Years Away Have Been Reported
- Hardik, Rahul suspended pending probe, to be sent home
- FBI Investigated Whether Trump Was Working For Russia
- Ocasio-Cortez passed over for influential House committee
- Samsung chronicles its mobile innovations ahead of Galaxy S10 launch
- Attorneys for suspect in Closs case 'relying on integrity of judicial system'
- Transfer: Sarri speaks on Chelsea selling Willian
- Tulsi Gabbard: Democrat says she will run for president in 2020
- Rumor: Nokia 6.2 with a punch-hole display & Snapdragon 632 coming soon
- Redmi Note 7 with 48MP camera launched at just Rs 10500