Modi's meeting with Bollywood was to discuss the participation and contribution of these youth icons from the Hindi film industry in nation-building.
The trailer shows Ranveer Singh as an aspiring rap artist who is a son of a driver, lives in a low-key neighbourhood but is still struggling to make it big as a rapper. On social media, the 33-year-old actor posted a picture of himself hugging PM Modi and captioned it as, "jaadoo ki jhappi. It was an honour and we are grateful for your support towards the film industry".
Dressed in their best, an array of young Bollywood actors including Ranveer Singh, Ranbir Kapoor, Ayushmann Khurrana and several others flew down from Mumbai to Delhi to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday morning. He said the dialogue was about the ways in which the film industry can contribute to nation building.
Rajkummar said it was an "insightful meeting", while "Uri" actor Vicky was "happy and honoured" to meet the PM and Sidharth wrote: "Thank you Narendra Modi sir for an enriching and insightful conversation". There is so much that we want to do, and can do. When the youngest country (in demography) joins hands with the largest movie industry in the world, we hope to be a force to reckon with. Their meeting turned out to be super-duper awesome as they discussed about the changes that can be made in our community. We totally loved it, didn't you too? He also thanked Modi for introducing reduced GST rates in film ticket prices for which the PM had met with a delegation of Bollywood producers on 19 December.
- Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen to testify publicly before Congress
- Tim Tebow Is Engaged to Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters!
- Who Is Jeff Bezos’ New Girlfriend Lauren Sanchez?
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Battery Capacity Revealed
- Mourinho free for Real return as United pay compensation
- Wisconsin Teen Missing For Months Since Parents’ Murder Found Alive, Police Say
- Jaguar Land Rover and Ford to axe thousands of jobs
- Oakland A's expect Kyler Murray to declare for National Football League draft
- Verizon Takes Swipe at AT&T Over Its '5G E' Upgrade
- Cristiano Ronaldo Will Submit DNA to Police After Rape Allegation