It's down to two for the Denver Broncos.
Fangio is well-traveled as a defensive assistant or coordinator in the National Football League, a streak going back to 1986 when he was first hired to coach linebackers for the New Orleans Saints.
The Broncos have reached an agreement with Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio to become the team's next head coach, ESPN reported , citing unidentified sources. Fangio represents the first defensive-minded coach to get a head-coaching job during this hiring cycle after one-fourth of the league canned their coaches and mostly started looking for 'The Next Sean McVay'. The fans calling for Joseph's firing began voicing their complaints early on this season and continued speaking up until general manager John Elway gave Joseph the boot following the team's final game of the season. But the Broncos have had too much change in recent years, too many new offenses, too much turnover at the coordinator spots and too much uncertainty at quarterback for a franchise that had prided itself on churning out wins for so long. Kubiak and Elway will spend the next two months figuring out if they can endure another season with Keenum or go back to the land of free agency. He has 20 years of experience as a defensive coordinator.
Denver completed its interview with Fangio on Monday, a day after the Bears were eliminated from the playoffs. Kubiak, the former Broncos coach who led them to Super Bowl 50 before retiring, was likely always going to be forced upon the next Denver head coach (and for good reason).
Fangio was also defensive coordinator at Stanford in 2010. "The guy knows the game in and out and he knows his players, and ultimately, he wants the best for us out there on the field, so he puts us in positions to make plays".
This is a team that was built on defense last season.
- Russian lawyer at Trump Tower meeting charged in separate case
- Google Assistant is coming to Google Maps
- Manafort suffering from depression, denies intentionally lying to Mueller’s team, lawyers say
- U.S. Commerce secretary
- Trump Jr. put on blast for comparing border wall to ZOO FENCE
- A Brief Influencer History Of Fiji Water
- Kevin Hart Is ‘Done’ Talking About His Oscars Controversy: ‘I’m Over It’
- Lindsey Graham says Trump's AG pick committed to letting Mueller probe continue
- Stefanski headed back to Cleveland for second interview
- Trump urges Senate Republicans to 'just hang together' on border battle