The legal team suggested that Johri send fresh show-cause notices to both players and that he submit his final report within 15 days. The duo had appeared on an episode of the show which aired on January 6, and have drawn public ire after Hardik made sexist, misogynistic and racist comments on the show.
Jasprit Bumrah, the top-ranked ODI bowler in the world, who dismantled Australia in the recent Test series, has been rested from the three one-dayers.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) banned the duo from playing any form of cricket and ordered them to return home from the tour of Australia ahead of "an enquiry and proceedings ... against them for misconduct and indiscipline".
The CoA has taken on board the recommendation of the BCCI's legal team that Pandya and Rahul be suspended pending an inquiry.
Pandya had brazenly bragged about his prowess with women on the TV show.
In the pre-match media interaction, India captain Virat Kohli condemned the comments made by Pandya and Rahul, calling them "inappropriate". "I said, 'Yeh, yeh, yeh [This, this, and this one]'", Pandya told Johar, while using his finger to gesture and mimic his actions.
Pandya spoke about "hook-ups" with several women and said he liked to observe women at bars or nightclubs. And though Rahul didn't make any controversial comments himself, social media users have blamed him for not intervening and taking up a stand.
Pandya, for his part, has apologised for his comments saying he "got a bit carried away with the nature of the show". In no way did I mean to disrespect or hurt anyone's sentiments.
Apart from the two cricketers' misogynist comments affecting them individually, it has also affected the Indian team's balance a day before the first ODI.
"From the Indian cricket team point of view, any inappropriate comments that are made in that scenario are something that we definitely don't support.and that has been communicated (to the two players)", said Kohli.
According to reports, both the players have been dropped from the first one-day global (ODI) against Australia, which is scheduled to be played in Sydney Saturday.
- Attorneys for suspect in Closs case 'relying on integrity of judicial system'
- Transfer: Sarri speaks on Chelsea selling Willian
- Longer US government shutdown will hit economy: Federal Reserve Chief Jerome Powell
- Ocasio-Cortez passed over for influential House committee
- Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul suspended pending inquiry into comments on TV show
- Samsung chronicles its mobile innovations ahead of Galaxy S10 launch
- Penny could sell for almost $1 million
- Scott Israel, ousted by governor, will fight to regain his job
- Radio Signals From A Galaxy Light Years Away Have Been Reported
- FBI Investigated Whether Trump Was Working For Russia